Some questions to all Nebbiolo's (and Langhe) lovers and friends

Hello Everyone!
I’m a 25 y.o. guy from Alba the capital of Langhe, I grew up into the vineyards, my family is making wine since 8 generations and I was obviously charmed by his magic. Given my love to wine, I’m working on an idea with some friends to change how wines can be tasted in restaurants.

To do this we would like to have some opinions from people that didn’t grew up in a wine region and who simply love wine, in it’s pure concept. And I taught this site forum could a good resource.
So I’m asking in exchange of a good glass of Nebbiolo if you’ll ever visit Alba, if any of you would like to answer to 6 very simple questions:

a) What is the thing(s) you like the most about Piedmontese wines (Arneis, Dolcetto, Barbera, Nebbiolo, Barolo, Barbaresco, etc.)?
b) How much you think they are interesting from 1 to 7?
c) Would you like the idea that, at the restaurant, you’ll be able to compare 3 or 4 glasses from a wide range of different crus and producers, at the same price of a bottle? Rate your interest on a scale from 1 to 7.
d) Would you like that, along with the tasting, would be provided the story of the cellar or of the Cru you are drinking? Rate your interest on a scale from 1 to 7.
e) Do you prefer to select the wine you drink or you let the sommelier make the choice?
f) Out of 10 times you go to a restaurant how many times do you check the wine list before going to the restaurant?

Thank you very much for your help!

I’m open to answer any question about the area of Langhe, or about its wines and producers. I hope it’s enough to repay your kindness.

Luca

Welcome to WB, Luca! I am one of many Langhe lovers here on WB. I was just there in July, but sadly only for 4 days. I will do my best to answer your questions, but I have some questions for you because I do not fully understand your questions.

a) What is the thing(s) you like the most about Piedmontese wines (Arneis, Dolcetto, Barbera, Nebbiolo, Barolo, Barbaresco, etc.)?
b) How much you think they are interesting from 1 to 7?

Do you want us to answer these for all these wines as a group, or for each wine separately (e.g. 4 for Arneis, 5 for Dolcetto, …)? For me, I like all these wines, but Barolo and Barbaresco are my favorites in the whole world.

c) Would you like the idea that, at the restaurant, you’ll be able to compare 3 or 4 glasses from a wide range of different crus and producers, at the same price of a bottle? Rate your interest on a scale from 1 to 7.

1. Yes, at a restaurant, or even at an enoteca. I think it would be interesting to taste this year say 5 2012 Barolos from Serralunga side by side or the same from any other comune. Of course from the same vineyard would be even more interesting, e. g. 5 different Villeros.

d) Would you like that, along with the tasting, would be provided the story of the cellar or of the Cru you are drinking? Rate your interest on a scale from 1 to 7.
4. I would like to be able to hear or read about the winery, but I do not like to listen to long prepared speeches which are not adapted to me and my level of interest and knowledge.

e) Do you prefer to select the wine you drink or you let the sommelier make the choice?

A combination would be nice, e.g. I pick 4, you pick the best one that I didn’t pick.

f) Out of 10 times you go to a restaurant how many times do you check the wine list before going to the restaurant?

Every time, if I am planning to order wine and I don’t already know the wine list.

One more question for you: This is a “real names board” so the admin will ask you to include your family name in your id or your signature, but since I am very interested in your region, I too would like to know your family name.

First: thank you for your time,

My interest was in understanding the general interest in piedmontese wines and then if there is more interest in some particular denominations/varieties. In this sense your answer was perfect, generally interested in Pied ( rating 4/5) while very interested in Best Nebbiolo expressions: Barolo and Barbaresco (7)

By the way my surname is Pasquero Elia, but I taught was sufficient to put PE after my name, isn’t it?
If I was wrong I’m very sorry but it was my first post I will add it where it is needed :slight_smile: