Invenio Marketing & Microsoft??

Anyone else get anything like this recently? A pretty good fake IMHO

Hello,
You are part of a select group of quality wineries Microsoft is interested in interviewing. They would love to chat with you to learn more about your experiences and needs around building communication materials for your clients (for example: newsletters, blog posts, flyers).
My name is John Keever (Invenio marketing), and I am working with Microsoft’s engineering team building mobile applications for Office.
This engineering team is seeking to help professionals build more effective communication tools. For this study, they are especially interested in wineries.
The purpose of this conversation is not to sell anything or even discuss Microsoft products. Rather, the engineers simply want to listen to you with the hope to build products that help you grow your business.
I know you have a very busy schedule, but we would greatly appreciate any time you can give to share your experiences. If you regularly build communication pieces and are interested in speaking further to share your feedback.

The request is to participate in an onsite Interaction Day event Wednesday, October 5th hosted at the Microsoft Redmond campus in Washington. Microsoft will pay for your transportation, lodging and meals will be provided. The event will last from 8:30AM – 5:30PM followed by an optional dinner.

We would love to hear your feedback. If you are interested in speaking further, please reply to this email or call me at 800-814-9486 ext 6534.

In addition, we are offering a $50 Amazon gift card to those participating in either our telephone or onsite event.
Do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions.
Best Regards,

John Keever
Microsoft Product Marketing Support
2201 Donley Drive, Suite 200
Austin, Texas 78758
Tel: (800) 814-9486 ext 6534
Mail: v-jokeev@microsoft.com

Microsoft respects your privacy. To learn more, please read our Privacy Statement.
Microsoft Corporation
One Microsoft Way

As an app developer my son was in talks with Microsoft for his app to become part of a program they had for supporting outside products. He wasn’t selected, but this sounds similar.

I’m curious as to why you’re so certain it’s a fake.

A few things just aren’t right (and maybe aren’t obvious from the OP)

1.) They are offering me an all-expense paid trip to Washington, but don’t know my name nor the winery name?

2.) The email address they sent this to was my personal email, not one of my ITB-email addresses.

3.) Wineries are so small, so fragmented I can’t possibly imagine this is a target market MS is truly targeting.

4.) There is precious little information on the individual & marketing company he claims to be with on the internet

Not to mention I received this email last night and they want me in Redmond next week!

OK. All things you could have, as you says, included in your OP.