Auction question

Recently won a lot of six 2012 Faiveley Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Champs-Gain 1.5 L.

Credit card has been charged.

Received shipment today of six 750 ml. of the above. Called auction house today and they are going to look into the problem to see if a mistake was made. Based on wine-searcher queries and the price I paid I am going to guess that the lot description may have been incorrect.

Is there any outcome other than they send me six more 750’s, they send six 1.5’s and I return the 750’s or they refund me half of what I paid?

You could also demand a full refund (and return the wine) or, theoretically, work something out.

I had a similar problem not all that long ago: Auction Snafu Question - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers

Read the other thread. No need to reply unless with something specific to terms of an auction. Thanks Corey.

Unless YOU want the 750’s I would send them back for a full refund. If YOU do want then, they are not Mags (which usually demand a 10-20% upcharge) vs 750’s. That’s what I would suggest you offer to pay.

If you are going to lay the stuff down, I imagine you would much prefer the larger size. I’d ask for a refund.

Took a refund. Only deal they were willing to make was what it was going to cost them for the original and return shipping, $60.

What I found interesting was their contention:

“I am writing to alert you that I spoke to Property Manager and it was confirmed that only the 750 ml bottles are available. The lot was noted incorrectly on the website and should have been for the 750ml bottles and not the Magnums. The details and estimates noted in the online catalog were for the 750ml bottles.”

The last statement is false as there was no “online catalog” only what was listed in the bidding section on the site and the spreadsheet both of which listed 1.5’s. Oh well live and learn.

out the auction house.

yes, who offered that b*llshit response?

That last part is a total red flag. There is no way they would make that mistake about pricing it correctly and yet listing the wrong size. If they did have mags, and the seller was getting HALF of what they expected, they one have one ticked off seller.