Wine info sheet FAIL

I went to a tasting event this past weekend and since I was writing wine notes in my notebook, people at several producers’ tables offered me handouts with info on their wines - that’s often helpful in finding details about specific wines. But as I was going through these info sheets today, I noticed one that had a handy list of wines, vintages, varieties and percentages in blends, list prices…lots of useful info with one exception. Nowhere on this sheet was the name of the winery mentioned! No winery name or contact info whatsoever. I did eventually figure it out, but for goodness sake, that’s got to be the very first thing you need to include on any info sheet that’s handed out to the public.

Agreed. Basic fact, but frequently overlooked

Why? They know who they are. [snort.gif]

The inability to think of the reader while writing is so pervasive. In my career, I have gotten so many letter, forms, and memos that could have been so much better if the writer understood the reader. In many case, they could have asked for help before printing 10,000 copies or emailing to millions.