When You Come Up First on Google

There is rarely a day that goes by that we don’t receive a call from somebody trying to contact a winery. Essentially, they search the wineries name, we carry the wine and our ad words brings us up first. The person looking it up pays no attention to who comes up on their search and makes the call. I answer the phone “Napa valley wine and cigar” and it’s kinda like this:

“Hi, we have a tasting scheduled at 2:30 PM and we are going to be a little late is that okay?”
“Hi, I’d like to order a case of your wine.”
“We are at the gate and unable to get in. Is there somebody there who can let us in for our tasting?”
“I’m on your mailing list and want to know if we can schedule a visit at your winery?”
“I would like to schedule a tasting for a group of four at your winery?”
“Do you have food service for larger groups at your winery?”

Our 800 number is or was similar to Binny’s Chicago and we used to get some weird calls related to them too. It seems to have gone away and I will assume it was an improvement in customer service rather than a phone number change.

Wait until Google has implants in every human and these calls show up directly in your brain. On the Binny’s tip, anyone and everyone uses 9463 as their last four digits and I’m actually surprised there isn’t more overlap/mistaken calls. It’s almost refreshing when I call a wine store and they don’t have 9463 in the phone number.

ADE23641-437C-4D10-BCB0-54BA423F1954.jpg