Wine stains on carpet

Hello! Need help.
We smashed a bottle of wine and everything poured out on my dear grandmother’s expensive carpet. Stains dried out and we forgot about this carpet for a whole month. How can I clean up these long dried spots? Please advise some good cleaner or cleaning company near Miami that you can trust.
Thank you!

Alcohol to dissolve. White vinegar to rinse.

Trisodium Phoshate or TSP, rinse with water.

Rearrange the furniture, she might not notice.
Consider yourself written out of the will. [berserker.gif]

For fresh wine stains mix Dawn dish soap 50/50 with hydrogen peroxide and apply to the stain liberally
Blot the stain instead of rubbing it in to the carpet.

D4974339-EAF9-4525-ADF9-0DDE46612C5E.jpeg
Best I’ve used. Even got nail polish out of a carpet.

I wouldn’t use H2O2 on any dark colored carpet. For fresh spills of red wine on a carpet, use soda water. Rinse, sop up and repeat until the stain is gone.

Too late for that in this case. What kind of carpet? Material? Color? Pattern?

Not sure I’d worry about a stain on dark colored carpet! But you are correct, I assumed it was a light colored carpet. As always, test any cleaning chemicals to make sure you won’t be creating a larger problem

Wine stains do still show on dark colored carpets, but then the cover and ignore advice might be best. Being of grandparent age, I know that my vision is not as acute as a young person’s, and I tend to spend less time near carpet level (sadly).

Kathie,
I have a bunch of Persian carpets & the ONLY shop I trust is Baker Carpets for cleaning 8723 sw 132 street Miami 305 232 3368. Owner’s name is Taee.
Good luck, Ned

If you rent, rather than own, your nice carpets, wine stains are the problem of somebody else. (joke)