Araujo eisele vineyard cab

I am seeking to learn about Araujo Eisele Vineyard Cabernet,
from Berserker members view of the wine, to the mailing list price and any perspective?
Obviously all vintages are not equal, I am looking at the 2013 vintage - R.P. 99 pts and wonder is it so good,
is it worth the price, ?
what is the price the mailing list members pay?

I appreciate the help…
thanks
William

Better google everything you can about it, the paltry amount available now and any changes in the future vintages.

It is no longer “Araujo.” Latour bought it several years ago and has gone back to its rightful name: “Eisele Vineyard.” Sure, there are wines out there with the Araujo name, but they are no longer involved and have not been for some time.

Thanks, your information I approached short hand, which is why I stated Araujo and Eisele Vineyard in the name, I am aware of what you describe which is why I also selected a back vintage.
I would have to write several paragraphs to explain why I am asking, may I simply state I find many members are knowledgeable and experienced with these kind of wines and I was looking for their views and feedback - can I ask that - without explaining in detail why I am asking?
Yes, we represent and work with Chateau Latour, but I did not disclose that because I am not asking about Chateau Latour.
I mentioned 2013 so I am seeking some feedback on the wines from the past that were considered by the critics - R.P. 99 pts - to be high quality,

it would be very helpful for me to hear feedback on the past vintages.
thanks

Maybe buy some bottles and drink them?

This is Wine Pimps, not amateur hour.

Funny
So when I enquire to hear what people think about a wine that is Amateur Hour?
Or is it simply an opportunity for you to take a shot at me?

Do you really want to attack me for asking Berserker members for their point of view, or opinion on a wine when I just Googled your name and see several listings that place FRAUD in the transactions they experienced with you!
And I just returned from a 3 week business trip to London and your name is not held with high regard across the pond so why would you start with me?

Good for you William!!!

thanks
Did I list this in the Wrong area?
im not good with social media…

William, the thread probably should be in Wine Talk where the discussion of wine tastings and experiences are shared. Wine Pimps is primarily for retailer problems, successes, suggestions and help.

On the other hand, the wine IS that good if it has been properly stored and no, I, won’t sell you any that I have. We lost a lot it during the earthquake and the last 2003 we opened needed an hour decant. Dinner was secondary to the wine. But that’s just my opinion.

Thank you for the good advice…
I am not looking to purchase any…
I am honestly looking for exactly what I stated…
Berserker members have knowledge that I value and I am merely seeking that,
Oh and as well as tracking the price that winery direct people pay…
we have been asked to move a few hundred cases so I do not need any more

Have you also looked at cellar tracker for input? Take a look at the tasting notes and maybe pose a similar question to the people that have already reviewed the wine? They may also be willing to take cases off your hands at the right price?

The ‘13 still seems to be working on the much needed integration and balance which is common for the more tannic 2013 vintage. Please feel free to send me a private message if I can help in any way. Good luck on your quest.

Finally a direct excellent reply!
Thank you…really,
good suggestion - I do not use cellar tracker so I do not think of it or know how to us but i bet i can figure it out… thank you
I am not looking to sell cases… a case here, a case or 2 there, we loose money that way and there is a much larger question
I will write you personally and genuinely appreciate your help.
Wg

I have no information on recent vintages, but early 2000s vintages are some of my favorite wines from Napa. To me, they are some of the most balanced wines made during that time period. Their customer service was awful and I ended up giving up on the mailing list after the 2005 vintage, especially with the price increases.

Thank you!
Very much!
this information is very helpful…
do you recall anything about the price increases? that would be equally of interest… to me…
thanks
William

The last vintage I bought was 2005 and that was around $265 and I think it went up again in 2006. Not sure what it went to after that.

thank you

Many Berserker members make assumptions about me, - that are not accurate - so many assumed or accused me of being a retailer or looking to sell to the Berserker customer base.
Or from seeing our frequent requests of California’s high end wines that that is what we do for a business and therefore I know about the Domestic wines and market.
Non of that is true. WE represent wineries, primarily French. We work in markets around the world behalf of those French wineries looking to form long lasting relationships that often lead to the clients requesting can we supply certain Domestic wines.
Those requests generally are for smaller quantities - 10, 20, 50 cases…and some times we go to the winery and some times we just work in the grey market purchasing from folks who have purchased an allocation. usually I know very little about those domestic wines.
The only Domestic wine I’ve learned about is Kapcsandy as I’ve been part of the enterprise since prior to the 1st release.
We have developed unique clients around the world, 2 & 3 star restaurants, the leading high end Airlines, Private clubs & private land developments for the ultra wealthy and we supply wine to these clients.
thus we frequently have requests of unique situations if we can be of help in a temporary situation. A 4 start Hotel in a key resort area is bought and sold and the new owner wants us to unload these name brand champagnes that were being held for “Bottle Service” kind of format.
A new winery venture, all kinds of new situations…

There’s a bottle of 2005 for $275 at one of my local markets.
I remember the 1997 and 2001 and scores aside, preferred the 97.
I also used to get the late 90s and early 00s for $140/bottle at a local restaurant. I don’t think they knew what it was worth but I’m pretty sure I cleaned them out over time. Most restaurants were selling it for the mid $200s around then, and it was well under $200 at retail.

thanks,
I’m going to walk away from the offer we received…
the market is not interested and I have no feel or history with the wine

One point Randy is making is since this sub-forum is for retailers, you won’t get near as many eyes on your question than you would in the main forum.

Personally, I think Eisele is a world-class vineyard. In my personal and professional opinion, that meant it stood up well to goofy winemaking, so those Araujos are good and very enjoyable, but they’re more “the world’s best blueberry milkshakes” than serious wines optimizing what the vineyard can do. What Helene and co. are doing is a huge step up to prime time. But, it is trading away early drinkability to be a Napa first growth.