Tales from the tasting room

I mentioned in another thread that I got what my wife calls a “hobby job” working in a local Grand Valley AVA tasting room. I am retired now and enjoy the experience of working weekends pouring/selling wine to the locals and tourists in Western Colorado.

What has been one of the more interesting aspects of the job is being able to be an intimate part of my customer’s day for a few minutes or even an hour or more. I have helped people celebrate birthdays, anniversaries. Parents on their last trip with kids before they send them back to school, a new job or off to be married. People traveling cross country who stop to spend the night and discover Colorado not only has a wine region, but that we make some good wines.

I have also come realize that bachelorette parties can produce some of the crudest discussions I have ever heard. I know they are having fun, but when the wine goes in, the potty talk comes out. [snort.gif]

It’s been fun and has increased my knowledge of winemaking, wine selling and people’s relationship to wine outside of the laser focus that we have on this forum. Wine is a big world and those of us on here form just a tiny part of it.

[cheers.gif] [berserker.gif]

Please do share. The late lamented retail follies thread was a treat.

Quite interesting and the fact that you are learning everyday. Pushing on and getting better in a craft! So impressive!