Good wine shop in Vegas?

Somewhere between the strip and North Vegas. Lots of real estate, there should be a Berserker worthy shop along my path. Good selection of grower Champagne, Alsace Dry Riesling, Vintage Port…
Leaving home in the AM, need wine for the weekend.

There are just 3, and nowhere near the Strip. Khoury’s in Henderson. Roy’s in the middle of nowhere on Hualapai, and Marche Bacchus in Summerlin. Total Wine, of course is another option, South Strip, probably your best bet (another one in Summerlin nearer Marche Bacchus). Marche Bacchus doubles as restaurant, good food.

Wally’s is opening up soon near Wynn, but not yet. Some other smaller chains carry incredible beer selection, but wine wise are not worth the trip.

1 Like

Thanks! I was leaning Marche Bacchus but they don’t have an online store so I couldn’t look at their inventory. What kind of inventory does Roy’s have? I’m staying at a condo on Flamingo on the west side and that’s not that far away.

Roy’s is only known to locals, and not to many. Its in a very small strip mall, you drive by and won’t even see it unless you’re looking for it. Many hard to find wines and spirits, some at retail, some at a bit more (hard to find Bourbon), but available. If you can imagine Kosta Brown sitting on shelves, at MSRP, this is the place, and his clientele dictates more of higher end stock, locals as well as Angelenos having property nearby for weekend trips. Not sure of his latest stock, but call or drive over, its not that bad by car, maybe 12-15 minutes from you, at most, West on Flamingo then North on Hualapai for maybe 2 traffic lights. Very easy.

Marche Bacchus is also more of mid to higher end place with really good German selections last time I stopped by. Owner himself is the wine buyer, has great palate, good Cal Pinot and Napa selections if need be, but plenty of interesting pickings from all over. Nice neighborhood, sitting on man made lake, gives you a perspective of Vegas life outside the Strip :slight_smile: Great food as well.

Khoury’s is a great shop, but a bit out of the way for you, although mostly on I15 and then 210, not that long of a trip, 20 mins? No online inventory, either. Most of Vegas area winos assemble there, for a reference, especially on Thu nights. Has a bit of everything, including probably the best beer section in town.

Enjoy the stay and family celebration!

Great. I have an email out to Roys. Appreciate the in-depth info.

Brian,

Check out Garagiste
They are a wine bar / retailer

They usually have a good grower champagne selection. I did an event there pre-pandemic and Michael Cruse did one there about a week ago.

1 Like

Thanks Hardy, I’ll check them out tomorrow.

Garagiste is the bomb! Can I say that any more?
They had the grower Champs, dry Riesling and Porto!

1 Like

Glad it worked out. I love those folks!

I dropped you name and got the star treatment! [berserker.gif]

1 Like