Seeking Feedback on the new WINE SEARCHER PAGE

Dear Berserker folks,
I’d like to hear what others think of the new wine searcher page?

We all miss the “CLASSIC” as they refer to the long time page…
and find this difficult,
i’d really like to hear what others think?

thanks for sharing your thoughts
William

I did prefer the classic version. Seemed much cleaner and more compact, with all the information I’d want neatly displayed in one page. In the redesign I have faff about rummaging different tabs to get to the info I want.

I think they’ve gone the way of many applications, wanting one design for both mobile and desktop to simplify things. Overall I dislike that trend in web design.

1 Like

very well said… Cleaner and more compact…
thanks

Hi William,
We’re super excited about rolling out new features. The new look has been around for almost a year. It is responsive to all screen sizes (over the years, phone screens have got bigger, tablets and iPads too; while laptops have got smaller) and gives us a starting point for what’s to come. The new-look makes it easier to search, and there are bigger fonts for store names and prices,– as well as space to display additional information such as more label photos, more vintages, more reviews, and delivery details. Some stores want to see only shop names and prices. While consumers ask for delivery info, “Is it Free Delivery?” “Can I get it the next day?” “Can I search favorite countries only?”

We appreciate that the launch of a new page might not fit with everyone’s preferences and that learning a new layout takes time. If you liked the old-style left-hand column for ‘filters’, don’t worry – it’s coming back better than ever. Looking for a comparison of more vintages (even ones that may have sold out), or to see more stores per page but with less clutter? There’s a plan for that too. Berserkers may be the toughest audience of all to please… We’re always happy to hear what works for Beserkers and what you want to see more of.

2 Likes