Best tchotchkes?

for us, we love PENS! They seem to evaporate at the store. I was given a glitzy pen from a vendor, and gave it to a co-worker… you would have thought it was Christmas he was so happy. Also, t-shirts made of that soft, thin cottony material given by spirits distributors are sweet.

What are your favorite tchotchkes?

Wow, good question. I think coozies are the best, but the wine industry is not really up on giving out coozies!

Wine openers/ corkscrews
Not that I need anymore, but it’s always nice to pack a few when we go to eat at our favorite places… The servers and waitstaff are always in need of them and can make you very popular.

Not exactly wine related, but I’ve carried one of these on my key ring for almost ten years. I’ve only had to use it a couple of times but it was invaluable on those occasions.

we have been giving logo embroidered LL Bean canvas bags in different sizes, and this year Kleen Canteen 27 oz metal water bottles.
Love the swiftmove premium corkscrew given out by Crushpad a few years back

Dan Posner had a great idea to eliminate the evaporating pens. Not sure if it’s going to work at your place, though, V!

http://www.officeplayground.com/Jumbo-Pen-P1727.aspx?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=big+pens&utm_campaign=OPG+-+Products+-+Pens&gclid=COj8mc6ykqgCFUJ-5QodsnsVvg

+1. I still have an HBO bottle opener (old-school logo) on my keychain that I got at some bar I went to my freshman year of college. That thing has served me (and many others) quite well over the years.

Talk about things that evaporate! I have to allocate these:

Box cutters as give-aways? Can you get them with airline logos on them? [shock.gif] [scratch.gif]

Don’t really want to ruin the fun here, but a “tsatske”, or “tchotchke”, is actually something that is useless, unimportant, a little plaything. I don’t think I’d put pens or bottle openers in that category. On the other hand… one of the definitions listed in The Joys of Yiddish is “a loose or kept woman”. Now we’re talking something of value. ;o)))))

“Something of singular value?”