InBev buying Golden Road

Golden Road is a pretty middle of the road brewery, sounds about right for InBev to snap up. They have a great market presence in LA and have placement in a lot of areas. Too bad their beer isn’t very good and is rarely fresh in can

Yeah its crazy how old their stuff on the shelves is even close to home, even the stuff they’re doing for Trader Joe’s… I’ve always been interested to know what their volume and popularity is like outside of LA, I’ve talked to several friends in other states and none of them have seen or had it locally.

I wonder if their brewpub made them a more attractive buy to IB, I know that’s a big part of their draw to people around here and they’re usually pretty busy.

They actually do alright here with the dates, but I think it’s more because they don’t ship 7 pallets at a time like Ballast Point. I agree with Charlie’s comment about being middle of the road ( that may even be a stretch) but I do like fresh Wolf among Weeds.

They’re expanding to a 56,000 sq ft place next to A stadium in Anaheim. That’s 56,000 freaking’ sq ft. That’s almost double the Glendale brewery. Yeah, the beers are ho-hum, but the Wolf ain’t too bad. They do make a damn good veggie bahn mi.

I should have checked the date on the can I drank a few days ago. I was pretty happy with how it tasted, but I will keep an eye on the dates next time I pick one up given that it travels across an ocean to get to me. Some of the US stuff that makes it over is still pretty fresh

For my preferences, Golden Road sucks. I have yet to have a beer of theirs that was any better than “acceptable.”

We should, perhaps, start a thread for all of these brewery purchases. At this rate they are once a week/month.