2015 GABF Results rolling in...

Gold for Veritas 15 for Port Brewing Co / The Lost Abbey.
Gold for Societe Brewing The Coachman Session IPA

http://livestream.com/thebrewingnetwork/events/4371781

Here is a complete list: GABF Winners - Great American Beer Festival

I see Justin and Jailbreak got a gold for his Belgian Strong. Nice going!

Coors Banquet with a gold?

They did! It’s an excellent beer as well. I’ve got a picture from the ceremony. When I get home I’ll load it.

Maybe the 2nd gold will entice Fatheads to start producing Hop JuJu much more often.

just read the whole list. I don’t know if I’m underwhelmed, incredibly ignorant, or both.

I read that the beers are usually shipped 1.5 months ahead of the judging. So for forward hoppy beers, you need the ones that can last till then. Is dis true?

It’s more like a month before the event, but shipping to Denver and subsequent storage before tasting provides plenty of opportunity for beer to be damaged. I’ll always thought that this is why Colorado tends to win more medals than would be expected given their number of entries.

Thanks for the nod fellas! We were floored to even receive a medal. With over 6600 beers competing for 276 medals (and only 92 gold medals less one for the lack of gold in the pumpkin category this year), you go in expecting to get blanked. Definitely a surprise especially in the extremely difficult Belgian categories. When are you guys gonna get over to MD to stop by and check out our stuff?

When you gonna send us stuff in la ? :slight_smile:

Justin,

Major kudos to you guys for the gold medal ! I’d lost track of your progress in starting the brewery, awesome to see you guys are doing so well…I have a buddy in baltimore and will definitely stop by on my next drive down!

If anyone is interested in trying Fresh White Rajah ( Gold medal IPA ) I would be happy to source and trade for your local beers. Ive thought this is our best IPA for some time so its cool to see them get the recognition.

Quick TN: Rajah when fresh has probably the most unique Dank nose and front palate I know in a beer, but doesn’t finish in an over bittered manner. That’s where it really is with this beer and it’s sort of unique in the sea of IPA’s out there. Its really not tropical or juicy like you think of now new school IPA but think a more true single West Coast IPA with more front end ooomph. It is moderately bitter and may give you a b*^g water burp.

When Fresh … this is not a mid-west (bells/founders) IPA. But of course freshness is the key and I hate the fact that they don’t label the bottles with dates . Brew Kettle labels the box that the 4 six packs come in so I won’t buy them around here unless I pull it from the box (got a 9-18 six tonight!) and sometimes thats tough to find easily. That said Im always looking for a reason to go to the brewery itself (20 mi) so if anyone wants to set up a local/local trade I’d be happy to send some fresh.

Robert, I definitely agree that ALL beer should have born on dates. In fact, “Drink By” dates are BS as many breweries use a 6-9 month shelf life which simply doesn’t work for any hop forward beer. Most breweries fear the possibility of having to take back beer with a short “drink by” date range but at the end of the day, the consumer should have this info when making their purchasing decisions.