Do you use CT (or anything like it) for your beers

Does anyone keep a running inventory of their beers. I know there are a lot of places to keep track of their beers consumed. I use Untappd. But how about Inventory? Does anyone use CellarTracker for Inventory or notes (I don’t even know if you can)? Any other software or apps?

We don’t fully support beers in CT, but plenty of people do track beers (and spirits.) I don’t actively work that data for consistency or accuracy, but will help anyone that asks or reports an issue.

Do people post their tasting notes?

A bit over 2K notes total and about 750 last year, so not heavily.

I know Brian Grafstrom has posted some Cantillon tasting notes on there.

I use CT for beer inventory but not notes. Easy Peasy to use.

I use CT for beer … perhaps more than any other user.

I’ve used it for spirits, whiskeys and the like.

I think I’m going to start. Just posted a note on 2015 Cantillon Kriek – which incidentally was delicious, if young.

Have all of my beers in there, and boy do I have a stash of beer. [wow.gif]
I think my wine problem is being recreated in beer. [oops.gif]

I use it for inventory. Don’t often post notes on it thi

There’s a site called CellarHQ for beer, I signed up but haven’t used it. I do have a some beers in CT because i think it’s easier to have everything in one place. Plus it’s called Cellar Tracker not Wine Tracker so why not put everything there.

There is ratebeer (no connections etc.) for TNs (and whilst they also fall into the trap of scoring, I prefer the lower key 5 point rating)

Bump - curious who else is using untappd. I have been using it pretty regularly over the past year or so. Name - jhemming

Are people still using CT to keep track of cellared bottles? Or something else?

I still use CT for ageable beers. I quit Untappd after a year or so when I realized I wasn’t getting anything out of it.

We use CT for ageable beer and for spirits. I’d bet my husband has singled-handedly created more whisky entries in CT than any other user.

untapped

The three beer rating platforms that I’ve seen are Untappd, Rate Beer, and Beer Advocate. If you are looking at aggregate ratings, Rate Beer is probably the most reliable, followed closely by Beer Advocate. Untappd is pretty much worthless.

untappd is just a circle jerk for “ticking” beers.

Not sure why it’s worthless. I follow a lot of people who’s palates I trust and find their notes/scores helpful. In that way, it’s very similar to CT for me.