Beer in Ireland

Going for 2 weeks. Kilkenny, Kenmare, Clifden, Rathmullan (Donegal) and Dublin (briefly). Have my eye on Kinnegar Brewing in Donegal. Any other specific recos for breweries or pubs? Also happy to have restaurant or sites to see advice. Slainte! (PS have done Guinness tour in Dublin)

No recs for breweries in the cities you’ll be visiting. Nor pubs, for that matter.

Kenmare: Packie’s or Lime Tree for restaurants. Packie’s first. For sites, if you have time and a car, drive the Ring of Kerry. Be sure to stop at Skelligs Chocolate Factory. Have lunch at Camo’s in Cahersiveen. Also, Killarney National Park has some good hikes. If you have a woman with you, stop at the Avoca outlet.

Will reply again re: Kilkenny.

Against the Grain on Camden St (just round the corner from St Stephen’s Green) has a large array of beers. The first time we ate there it was ok, but nothing special, but much much better the next time, and that ordering off the early bird evening menu. Very enjoyable for no money at all.

However it’s the beers that are the reason to got there, and the range is good, and unsurprisingly well kept as well.

If you want to eat elsewhere, but nearby, I’d recommend the Camden Kitchen (Mediterranean styled bistro); Green 19 (Irish bistro); Neon (Thai - street food style on long communal table), all a bit further up Camden St heading away from town. Even further along the same road, just before the canal is Seagrass, with a small menu, but excellent quality & value, plus free corkage for wine. In the end it just edged out Camden Kitchen as my favourite food when working over there.

If you like food (shopping) then Fallon and Byrne on Wicklow St is very good indeed.