Blanton's & other dated spirits

What other spirits post the date they were dumped/bottled? My son was born on 9/22 of this year and I was thinking anything bottled on that date would be hitting the shelves about now. (Subtle as a sledgehammer hint: if anyone sees anything dated 9/22/17, please grab it for me)

I checked most of the bottles I have at home, and none were dated - the closest was my Sazerac 18yr which was dated with Month/Year, but not the day.

Thanks!

Lots of spirits have laser codes somewhere on the bottle (usually on the side, near the bottom) that represent when they were bottled. It might be a code like LLYYDDDTT:TT. LL= lot, YY=year, DDD= day of the year, TT:TT is time. Lots of variations on how the info is presented in the code.
Google “bourbon laser codes”.
Most (all?) Weller, BTAC, Van Winkle have them. Others too. Happy hunting.

+1

This type of discreet date-stamping is commonly found on Sherry bottles as well.

Chartreuse has an obscure way to determine what year the liqueur was bottled, but no date with the month or day.

Will, they should be out there.I picked up a couple Blantons this week one was 9/25/17

there are several other bottles with bottled dates and dump dates. always single barrels. for a low cost one, Henry McKenna and Evan Williams have barreled and/or bottled dates. I believe most BTACs and Van Winkles do too.

if you’re looking for particular dates, some facebook groups that may or may not exist may or may not have a “blantons dump date ISO list”

I got incredibly lucky. I also have the same birthday as your son and I found a blantons bottle that was dumped on 9/22/2009 which is actually my 21st birthday. I was young and dumb and ended up drinking it😞