20Yr Pappy Van Winkle's Family Reserve Bourbon

Wow this stuff is good. Soft mellow nose of toffee, caramel, butterscotch and toasty oak. Palate very smooth with a nice long finish. Great balance, this is by far the best bourbon I have ever had.

My favorite place for spirits - HiTimes - doesn’t have the 20 year, so I have to find it elsewhere. I’m dying to try this stuff - it has universal praise on the forum.

I’ve gotta go find this now. We have a bourbon tasting every 4th of July at my Aunt’s house, so this sounds like a killer addition. I’ve had the regular Pappy’s and wasn’t overly impressed with it when compared to say Basil Hayden or Eagle Rare. I love a good aged Bourbon though and 20yrs sounds about right.

Okay guys, where can I get some?

Saxon - you can winesearcher it, just put pappy van winkle 20 bourbon in the search field.

If you cant find it, there are places near me with it for $106.25 after MA tax, happy to ship if you cant find it locally.

Thanks bro…I’ll look here first, if not you’re up.

Dont believe him! He’s been telling me this line for weeks now, I still don’t have a bottle!

That’s because he does like you Zach.

I tasted this last year and loved it.

If any of you ITB folks want to offer it at cost, you may find a taker or 2.
flirtysmile

I have reposted this message in the CC section where it belongs.

Hey Larry!
First, thanks for sending out those bottles to my father-in-law awhile back.
Second, don’t worry about posting availability of Pappy 20. It’s scarce and your price is low enough that your post is more of a public service announcement than pimping :slight_smile: haha

Thats a great price Larry!

As bad as MA is for wine and spirits we are lucky enough to have the 20yr around here in a few places for $99.99 as well.

Thanks for all the kind words. I have been a “huge” bourbon fan for 8 years now and have often been called bourbon boy by my staff. To be honest at 385 lbs I am a HUGE anything. I have loved the 20 year and we have supported the Van Winkel line. We like to share our spoils of this effort and spread the word of Bourbon when ever possible. Best holiday wishes to all. Drink well and be happy.

Well if you ever left your parent’s house maybe you’d have one neener !

I’ll grab one for when I see you in 2010!

Btw, what does decanting a spirit like Bourbon do for it?

Does it keep just as long as if you left it in bottle?

No reason to decant that I am aware of.

i love the stuff. $90 in PA state stores.

Hands down the best Bourbon I have ever had! IT blows all the other small batch and single barrel bourbons out of the water! I have yet to try their 23 year old but since it is more then twice the cost I will probably not be drinking any of it soon!

Phil - will it deteriorate in a decanter?

I’m thinking a decanter of 20yr Pappy for my office, Mad Men-style. Jk, but I think it looks cool and would put one in my house if it doesnt make the spirit worse for wear.

Use non-lead crystal and it should be ok. Leaving any beverage in high lead content crystal for an extended period of time can be risky as the lead can leach into the liquid.