Sourcing Trillium/Tree House, Boston NEIPAs

My daughter is visiting Boston this weekend. Is there any difficulty getting these beers to drive home. If so can you make any suggestions to source other good NEIPAs if those two are difficult to get in Boston

Any others folks would recommend if these are tough to come by. These two don’t make it to Philly. We see Lord Hobo and Clown Shoes and can get those easily. Thanks

Trillium in Canton is much easier to purchase than Tree House, though with Tree House’s new facility the allocation is much larger now. If I were her I would stop at Tree House on my way to Boston whatever day she is arriving and then directly go to Trillium in Canton. Ideally, the best day to go to Tree House would be to go on a Thursday, because the availability and selection is usually the best mid week. Keep in mind TH is closed Sundays whereas Trillium is open.

Thanks. Can you get any at retail around Boston or is that tough?

Trillium has a retail spot on Congress St, which is their original production facility. It is takeaway only. Very few of their kegs and cans/bottles make it to retail.

I would not try TH unless it’s on the drive (i.e. Taking the Pike) as it’s a hike from Town and might be very busy. Though the beers are totally worth it if she could swing it. Trillium is usually pretty easy and I prefer the canton location especially on Sunday’s with their cellar release. It’s very hard to find Trill outside the brewery and TH is impossible. There has been a lot of Lawson’s SoS and SS hitting the retail market this week so she could find that at a retail store (though might have to ask around).

If she is staying near a Craf Beer Cellar, it’s usually worth the stop - good selection and knowledgeable.

Treehouse is putting out 66 can allocations some Thursdays.

Never had an issue walking right into trilliums congress street location and grabbing a boat load.

Brian,

Is your daughter driving down the turnpike on her way home? I’d happily trade some Heady Topper for Trillium or Tree House and I’m just off the turnpike/parkway in NJ. I’m up in VT all the time and get to try all the VT stuff but I’ve never had TH or Trillium.

Mike

So any update?

Thanks for the suggestions from all. The Congress St suggestion and TH visit produced a 2 case haul - with one for me!

Mike, the return trip was late so a stop was not possible. TH limited the haul to about 24 compared to the 66 noted above - could be due to weekend.

Look forward to drinking next week when my 30 day no alchohol streak ends! Really looking forward to it.

Also scored an NEIPA locally - Grey Sail Captain’s Daughter that gets good reviews so when it rains … it pours; sometimes you just have to make your own mojo!

large allocations are on thursday/friday which are canning days. Wed is also a canning day but Thursday has Wed’s leftovers and friday has wed and thursday’s leftovers. Weekends are just leftovers.

No worries. Glad you scored!

Enjoy!!

Next time hit some beer stores for other things you might not be able to find outside of MA, or head to a couple of the other breweries.

Jack’s Abbey/Springdale–Framingham. Jack’s Abby is pretty well distributed and to me quality is more along the lines of boutique commercial beer. The Springdale line is elevated and has more NEIPA style offerings. It’s a 15 minute detour off the Pike.

Aeronaut–Somerville. My favorite from MA after Trillium and Treehouse.

Exhibit A–Framingham: These were a bit hit or miss for me but solid IPA’s, and I think I just had a couple that were about a month old since canning and maybe they’re better fresher.

Night Shift–Everett: Great IPA line and nice single hop series, we get some of these in NY but better selection up there.

Lord Hobo–brewery in Wouburn, brew pub in Cambridge. Another solid lineup of IPA’s.

I have a couple go to spots like Marty’s in Newton and Craft Beer Cellar Fenway, but I’m not as familiar with the retail landscape up there as I used to be.

Today’s treehouse allocation is 96 cans a person

24 haze
24 oldman
24 green
24 bright

Wow

unbelievable. the one time i went it was 12 alter ego and 12 bright w citra and that was it. you could only purchase one beer to drink on site.

I’d take a whole case of Green for sure.

Brent, thanks for the recos. We get Jack’s and Lord Hobo in Pa and I agree those are very good. Really interested in the Aeronaut next time and my brother lives in Somerville so I will get it next time and try some of the other places you mentioned. Cheers!

Just realized I have a Night Shift four pack I will have to tap. Looking forward to it even more now that I have Brent’s thumbs up.

The production is unbelievable now. It wasn’t long ago, that we were driving all the way out to Munson and waiting in line for 4 Greens and 2 J’s.