Distilleries Near Lexington KY

I’ll be down in KY next week and would love to visit a couple of distilleries. Any recommendations? We’ll be based in Lexington but don’t mind a bit of a drive.

On another note, any recs on a good BBQ joint?

Most are closer to Louisville than Lexington, but Buffalo Trace is in Frankfort.

I can help out at least a bit.

As mentioned Buffalo Trace is in Frankfort. I’ve been on the basic and extended tour. The grounds are of average appeal, I’d say. (the whiskey speaks for itself)

Woodford Reserve - Wikipedia Woodford Reserve is the inverse. Beautiful grounds and facility, not to my taste the most interesting bourbon. Book a tour in advance.

http://wildernesstraildistillery.com/ Distillery in Danville, KY. Their bourbon is just available for the first time this year.

Four Roses Bourbon | Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey Lawrenceburg, KY. I’ve not been on this, but guests of mine have spoken highly of the tour.

Town Branch is in the heart of Lexington, just off the UK campus. Nice tour, more of an urban distillery. Great Rye.

Alltech Lexington Brewing & Distilling Co is a nice tour. That’s where Kentucky Ale is brewed as well.