Rhum J. Bally Martinique Plantation Lajus 1970s-80s

I have a number of bottles of vintage rum imported by Monsieur Touton to the USA from J.Bally, Martinique likely before 1986. The bottles all have a top label with the words “XO”, “Grande Reserve” on them. I’m trying to determine more exactly when the bottles were produced, and how old the rum itself is. The bottles have no dates I can find.

The bottle labels directly state that production happened at Plantation Lajus, Le Carbet, Martinique _. This would indicate production before 1986, or certainly before 1989. As I understand it, Rémy Cointreau bought J.Bally around 1986 [II] and by 1989 had moved J.Bally distillation to another location on Martinique [III].

Anyone know how much aging “XO” and “Grande Reserve” meant back in the 1980s - 6, 10, 15+ years? Anyone have anything to add about J. Bally generally beyond what I dug up so far? Anyone else experienced these?

They are --not-- the same as the current J. Bally sold, even the “vintage” ones, which as far as I understand is really just a brand under La Martiniquaise / Bardinet now.

Jacques Bally’s original location from 1917 through 1986/9.
[II] La Martiniquaise / Bardinet has owned the brand since around 2003
[III] Supposedly the still Jacques Bally personally engineered/built in the early 1920s was moved upon the closing of distillation at Plantation Lajus to Rémy Cointreau’s consolidated operations elsewhere on Martinique. The original still continued to produce J.Bally at the new location through 1998, when it was finally replaced.

_