Good Ale Spot San Francisco?

Meeting up with a friend for a concert in May, staying downtown (Nob Hill). Are there any really good brew pubs you guys recommend? We don’t mind taking Uber around the city. Thanks!

Cellarmaker is pretty good. Mikkeler Bar also generally has interesting tap list.

Thanks, Scott!! [drinks.gif] Walking distance, even!! [winner.gif] [thankyou.gif]

2nd the votes for Cellarmaker and Mikkeler, was at Mikkeler late February. I would also highly recommend Toronado in the lower Haight, cash only and the bartenders can be a bit surly but the selection is deep and varied.

Thanks, John!! [drinks.gif] [thankyou.gif]

I just looked up Mikkeller Bar and I’m surprised I’ve never heard of this spot till now. Looks amazing and I can’t wait to try it out! Thanks!

Just spent 3 weeks in SF, lucky for me 3 blocks from Toronado. It’s a dive, in the best sense of that term. Great beer selection. Had a number of excellent beers I cannot get in WA.

Toronado is for sure an institution and is a must visit for most beer lovers. I’d recommend checking out Holy Water next time you visit.

It has a nice atmosphere and sometimes has really great beer. Pretty good food for the most part as well. It’s not in the best part of town though and you’ll be paying a lot more than expected for any of the sour & barrel aged offerings on tap.

barebottle