Henry McKenna 10 Bottled in Bond - Wins Best Whiskey SF World Spirits Competition

Nice article in Forbes about the 2019 SF World Spirits Competition, and the Henry McKenna 10 year old Bottled in Bond Single Barrel won best Whiskey. I’ve been a fan for several years, as it has really represented great drinking experience for a fair ($30 - $35) price. Last year it won Best Bourbon at the SF competition and I bought a few extra bottles, fearful that the price would jump, but it didn’t really go up much.

We have a ton more accounts asking about it. Heaven Hill offers some of the best values in aged and BIB Bourbon in the world, and yes we sell them…and I drink them.

Tasted this for first time tonight. Really nice. Both neat, with a splash of water and over ice. Happy to score a full bottle for the house. Not much left on the local store shelves.

Been drinking this for a year or so and it is my go to weekday drinker. Really punches above it’s weight. i just hope it doesn’t get stupid and double or triple in price now…

I bought a couple of these last year for not a lot of $$ based on recommendations found here. Prices surely to rise.

I find it hotter and less interesting than my “house” Eagle Rare 10. But that may be batch related rather than a general rule. I still drink it and mix drinks with it and will continue to do so until my bottle(s) are empty.

Just got a call from my local shop that they received a few bottles of Mckenna. So I asked, “is it still $30 like when I bought my last two bottles before they won the whiskey competition?” “No, unfortunately the price is $89.99 now” What a shame…

You can do a lot better for less than $90. Like Old Forester 1920.

$90 !!!

Tell them to go f**k themselves, has the MSRP tripled or is the shop gouging ?

I looked online via WS and there is a few places that had it at $50-60 and they are all sold out. So looks like the price is going up for everyone. Bummed because at $30 it was a good Bourbon, but at $90 it is the same old story of stuff getting blown out of control because of silly marketing strategies. I’m not knocking my local shop because they probably had to pay more to get the bottles as well after the increase, just a shame to watch it happen and we predicted it :slight_smile:

Saw it at TW this week for standard pricing - $30

Heaven Hill hasn’t changed their price to us, nor have we to retailer, so this would be retailers testing price elasticity to customers post-award.