Paging Andrew - Georgetown Brewing adds tap room to brewery

I’ve always been surprised that despite its popularity in the Seattle area, Georgetown Brewing only housed a “free sample and growler to go” on-site operation instead of a tap room. I know they like supporting local drinking establishments, but with the traffic they receive at the brewery it seemed like a no-brained to sell pints on-site, especially for the many beers that never make distribution, and capture some additional revenue/profit. If they sell pints even close to what they sell growlers for, could be a great deal for consumers.

I stopped going years ago as the free sample free for all and no pint option grew tiring, but will definitely swing by next time I’m in Georgetown (dog & kid friendly).

I don’t drink much beer, but I always support Manny and Roger when I do having met Manny back in 1999 or 2000 when he was employee #3 at Mac & Jack’s, and Roger as he lived down the street from Engine House #9.

Nice to support great human beings doing great things.

Agree. Not my fav Seattle brewery, but almost always can find and am happy to drink Manny’s and Lucille at concerts and events

Whoooooohoooooo! God only knows I never get over to the 206, but really enjoy Georgetown’s beers as an “Old Faithful” for Pac NW beer. Thanks for the post; I might have to break my “no bridges” rule :wink:

I’d happily meet someone there sometime. And then you could cruise over the Jellyfish, Lower Case, Machine House, Tin Dog, Future Primitive, Best of Hands, and finish at Seapine.

Will be downtown for something on Monday the 25th and should be getting out around 1:00. If you’re up for day drinking, I could be convinced to get there around 1:30 :wink:

Scott, you around?

I’ll have to check my schedule closer to that day. Might be able to meet for an hour or two.

Unfortunately I can’t make it Monday, but you should definitely come to my part of town once Fair Isle opens their taproom (hopefully in December). They’re focus is farmhouse beers!

Also, Great Notion is opening a taproom here next summer by Ruben’s in Ballard.

I’m still up for this if you’re around. I get out of my appt around 12:30, so should be there at 1:00. I’ll ping Mark and see if he can break out of work early.

Fair isle. Soon? Ever? That’s taken a while!

Great Notion - whaaaaattt. Are they gonna sell cans ?

Did u go and how was it? Sorry I couldn’t make it!

We went. Andrew had 2 IPAs and I tried pretty much all the non-IPA beers. BBA brown I thought was great, as well and the cherry and strawberry sours (tart!). The wit and the BBA Stout were both fine.

Really enjoyed the Land of Boz IPA. Tasting room was ok - small bar tops, not overly comfortable. Cool dog area outside, so Scott’ll appreciate :slight_smile:

Bummer to have missed it gents. next time! I’m out most of Dec, but hopefully in the new year Sheila will have another business tri… err i mean Scott will organize another beer gathering…

I used to live up on Beacon Hill, and one of our staples for weeknights when we didn’t feel like cooking was to phone in an order to Stellar Pizza, then drive down the hill to pick up a growler from Georgetown and the pizza. Sounds like they’ve got some new beers – I’ll be up for the holidays at some point, I’ll definitely have to stop in and check them out. The sours sound right up my alley.