Pretty good Christmas tap list

Our local place has a pretty great belgian list with a lot of fresh rotating kegs

Had to stop in for a Delirium xmas
61DE7D65-F3BE-4768-A5AA-9C000CF5889A.jpeg
4344C4BB-6778-4178-87AB-8DF0123FFCFD.jpeg

I assume these are sideways because it’s a 10% abv beer?

HAHA! No Chris, you have to save them to your computer first, then rotate them. Or edit them on your phone, make some tiny edit that no one will notice, and that also fixes the rotate problem.

Now, I am off the the chiropractor. :slight_smile:

Good list and a good pick from it. The St Bernardus Christmas Ale looks worth a try too (maybe at your next stop in!). Of course the Abt 12 is . . . well you know.

How does the Delirium compare to the Bernardus?

It’s got a bit of an odd angular acidic bite on the finish. I didn’t love it after the first few sips. I like the regular DT though.

Bump,

I definitely like the Bernardus Xmas better than the Delerium Xmas but I’d say the DT tastes more Christmas-y with stronger spice.

Great list!

I like that Bernadus!

John does a pretty great job curating bottles and sourcing fresh kegs. It’s a pretty amazing place for being located in a smallish American city in the upper Midwest. And he mixes in a few token good non-Belgian beers.

Last night I had a Duchess de Bourgogne chocolate cherry sour. I prefer the regular duchess cherry, but it was fun for a cold post-hockey arena warm up.

MT - Open in Oakland NEIIPA … really good. Probably the best cans I’ve had from MT over the past few months, as this wasn’t trending as far into the sweet/heavy territory as other recent-ish cans have.

ESBC - Mayberry IPA … seems to be a really good batch. Dont know the hop.bill off the top of my head, but it came across as bright/fresh Mosaic and El Dorado.

Pizza Port - Mongo DIPA … Etihad been awhile since I’d had this, and I found some cans with a “Freshest By” date of 3/20/20, so gave it a go (seems I’m usually seeing FB dates that are a month or month and a half out … hate FB dates! Just tell me when it was canned/bottled, and I’ll decide for myself by what date I want to drink it). Very good, but I preferred the ESBC. Will buy again, in a year or two.

Founders - CBS