I have a choice of 5 different whiskies from a list of 8...

Hi, All. I participate in a fantasy football league and the buy-in has always been booze or wine. We set a dollar floor and leave it open after that. This year’s theme was whisky with a $75 purchase price floor. It’s an eight team league, so the winner gets five bottles, second place gets two, and third place gets one. Turns out: I just won. Here are my choices, and I need your collective advice on which five you’d pick:

Lagavulin 16
Bunnahabhain 12
Masterson’s 10-year Straight Rye Whiskey (two bottles purchased)
The Singleton 18
The Arran 14
Maker’s Mark 2019 Limited Release Bourbon (RC6 stave profile)
Nikka Coffey Grain Whisky

I like just about any and all whisky FWIW. Thanks in advance!

Lagavulin 16, easy decision.

That depends on how much you like peat. I can’t drink Lagavulin, far to peaty for me. Of that list, the Arran is one I enjoyed, it’s less smoky/peaty, fairly smooth.

Bunnahabhain 12 and Nikka Coffey Grain Whisky would be definites for me.

Another vote for the Coffey grain

nikka, bunna, makers, arran and lagavulin here.

The four scotches and the Japanese whisky.

Thanks, All. The league doesn’t grant the winner his first five choices right off. First place chooses three, then second chooses one, third chooses one, and then back to first place for his final two. Here’s what I did:

First three: Singleton 18, Arran 14, Nikka Coffey Grain
Last two: Lagavulin 16, and one of the two Masterson’s 10-year Rye

I’m pretty pleased. So far, I’ve only opened the Nikka. I had no idea what to expect and I was impressed. I mostly grabbed it in that it was unique. I’d say it was very much like a nice Bourbon, and one made on the sweet side. I had it neat, and then added a little cold water. The water helped. Good stuff.

Im a fan of the Nikka