Rocks glasses

What rocks glasses do you guys like? I have some Schott ones I like, but I’m stocking a new house and re-evaluating options (also it seems like the exact ones I have are now discontinued).

What do you use them for? I ask because, in our house, we find exactly zero times when we prefer a rocks glass to something else. That said, we do have quite a few of them, of various sorts.

I find them perfect for Camparisoda (The strange little premix bottles that come in 10 packs), fill the glass with ice and one of these little thirst quenchers fills it perfectly.

Coincidentally, the only time I use mine - a fancy brand my brother-in-law gave us that I feel guilty if I don’t use occasionally - is for amaro spritzes.

I use them for margaritas and the like, and sometimes I’ll use them for whisky (neat or very rarely on the rocks) if I’m not in the mood for a Gelncairn glass.

I actually buy mine from the Roosevelt Hotel in New Orleans and overpay for the privilege. That said I use them for everything from whisky, gin and tonics, beer and of course Sazeracs. Pretty sure you can buy them plain from Libby for cheap.

My favorite margarita glass is this jar from a jelly my wife likes :slight_smile:

https://www.amazon.com/Bonne-Maman-France-Raspberry-Preserves/dp/B001V720YA

For around my house I purchased a set of these square rock glasses (because I saw some on Blade Runner and thought they were cool!)

And also a set of these 1960s vintage “roly poly” glasses at a yard sale here in Cheyenne, about 30 years ago.

For my good friend, who is a Scotch drinker, we purchased her a set of these Reidel glasses:

For some get togethers where we are enjoying nice ale from a keg, we’ll take some of our Ball canning jars to drink out of.

What about cocktails?

Except for martinis, highball-type drinks, the occasional coupe, and the amaro spritzes I mentioned above, we almost always use Riedel O’s for cocktails. The nose may not be as important as with wine, but if I’m using good ingredients, I want to enjoy how the drink smells, especially when we’re using nice aromatic garnishes.

For the record, I ended up getting some of these, which are a little larger than the old set I have, but otherwise very similar and they have a good feel for my tastes.

we use these
https://www.amazon.com/Luigi-Bormioli-Class-2-Ounce-Purpose/dp/B004PGM7M4/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?keywords=luigi+boromeli+glasses&qid=1581011267&s=home-garden&sr=1-1-fkmr0

and I also like these
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072QDMX55/ref=sspa_dk_detail_3?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B072QDMX55&pd_rd_w=VKtHb&pf_rd_p=45a72588-80f7-4414-9851-786f6c16d42b&pd_rd_wg=aYLan&pf_rd_r=91Z2AJ4242D5DAS8RH8Z&pd_rd_r=8fa3195d-dc60-4cb8-9d8f-6f5e143c9ad8&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExQlZEVUtQWUREVFg2JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMTgyNDE2MTFMSFhERENORlM4UCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMDU4NDU3MzdPM00yM1kwNURHRyZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2RldGFpbCZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

more minimalist

I like these:

Nice - really like those

Yeah they feel as good as Waterford but are probably half the price.

Great, thanks - my birthday is coming up, it’s now on my list for my family’s gift ideas!

Me too, some might argue a glencairn or stem would be better for the aromas but there’s something nice about the hand feel of a heavy rocks glass.

I like the Glencairn too; it just depends on my mood and what I’m drinking.

those are so ugly. Think Grassl or Zalto. Make the glass thin and light. Maybe you should add matching wine glasses. these are only $145.00 per stem