Astor Wines & Spirits

I’m deep into the craft cocktail scene. I have several books where I am methodically practicing my craft at home, substituting various spirits and liqueurs. Therefore I need a large selection to mix my drinks! I live in Southern California, and though Total Wine has a good selection, Bevmo is pretty terrible in terms of prices and variety, and that’s my closest specialty store.

Is anyone ordering alcohol (non-wine spirits) over the internet these days? What is your go to store? I came across Astor Wine & Spirits and was amazed by their selection. Has your experience been good with them?

Bought some nice Cognacs from them last year, no concerns.

Good store!

Major NYC store

Agreed Astor is pretty phenomenal. It’s like a special occasion when I’m able to make it down there in the flesh to peruse their goods. Last time I was there I bought a bottle of Four Roses Bourbon from the 1970s. I find they often have cool stuff like that.

Astor is an excellent store though I still miss their old location.

Astor is one of the best. They also often have sales that are crazy

I hope you have tried and use the line of Miracle Mile bitters. They are made by a mad scientist/food lover/cocktail genius in the LA area, Louis Anderman, and are some of the very best bitters out there.

Anyone know if they limit states they ship to?

i’m a big fan of astor for cognac/armagnac. They ship to PA, so I imagine they’d ship to most places.

Great. Thank you