Old Sour Brown Ale - still ok?

I just made a shocking and embarrassing discovery. I have accidentally left / forgotten 3 bottles of Russian River Brewing Co. Supplication beer in my fridge for almost 4 years! The date on the side of the bottle says it was brewed 05/2016. Is this even OK to drink or should I just pour this down the sink?

I also found 1 bottle of Bommen & Granaten Barley Wine dated 07/2012 !

The Russian River should still be good. The cherry and funk will have mellowed out.
We have one that says Batch 10. I think it’s 7 or 8 yrs. old. We also have a couple of bottles of Consecration from 2013.
We haven’t tried one in awhile. Maybe this weekend, now that you reminded me that we have them.

NEVER pour a beer or wine straight down the sink without tasting it (unless you’re Charlie Fu and a baller). Really good sours and barley wines can easily do a decade if stored well. JW Lees used to have vintage releases that were 15+ years old; once you got too far past 10 years the year tended to lose too much carbonation for my taste, but were still interesting and educational, like a past peak Bordeaux. Rule of thumb is to have one backup beer on hand for each older beer, just in case.

Thanks all, will try them this month.

It’s probably terrible. Send it to me and I’ll get rid of it for you!

The bottles of Supplication are likely fantastic, particularly given that they’ve been in your fridge the whole time. Report back for us!

I still have original release Prarie Bomb in my refrigerator. Not sure when I’ll open it.

This here. And with wines give them a slow oxygenation after an initial taste. You might find something you thought was dead comes back to life.

Isn’t that 10+ yo?!? I’d say Now is probably a better time than any other, at this point.

I would think refrigeration would have preserved a beer like that, in a good way.

I saw this thread and decided to open a Slaapmutske FLOSS that I’ve had for too long. I have been digging through some aged beers recently. The “drink by” date on the cap was 2013. No idea when it was brewed. The beer is totally fine. It’s really nice, actually. There’s probably less fruit and carbonation than a young bottle would have, and it seems like some of the more extreme components have mellowed and integrated. I might have preferred this just a couple of years ago, but I think I like it now at least as much as I do on release (from somewhat foggy memory at this point; it’s been a while).

Edit: I looked more closely, and the drink-by date was actually 2018, so I’m guessing this beer was 5-7 years old.