Magnuson Brewing in Seattle -- anyone been?

It was on my goto list before the virus hit. Hoping to head up to Seattle once the weather looks favorable for outdoor gatherings, want to know if I should plan a stop at Magnuson.

Back when I lived on Beacon Hill, Gastropod / Epic Ales was a favorite. Does Magnuson have any of that magic?

Hi Lee. I’ve been by there several times for lunch and a brew, it’s a bit of a Friday lunch thing. I’m not familiar with Gastropod/Epic Ales, but Magnuson has a great outdoor deck area and the brews are yummy, as is the food. Worth a try on a sunny day in my book.

Sherri – Thanks for the comments, I’ll have to check it out when I get a chance.

The brewmaster at Magnuson is (was?) Cody Morris. His first brewery was Epic Ales, and when Epic Ales opened their tasting room, it was called Gastropod. He shut down Epic Ales + the tasting room about 5-6 years ago. He did a lot of experimental stuff there, always in small batches. Some big hits, some big misses, but the hits were really big hits. Some stuff he’d repeat with some tweaks to the recipe. My favorite was the “Solar Trans Amplifier”, a belgian wit he made with Asian spices and different citrus peels – there was a different version of it every spring, and I always looked forward to it.

Lee, I’ve been there a few times. I live just up and over the hill in Wedgwood, so it’s nice that it’s close and there is such much outdoor seating. In the Summer, my kids go jump off the dock and swim just North while we relax.

I have had a great fish and chips, and some real tasty tempura cauliflower at Magnuson. I recall liking the Hazy IPA too. I had a bad fried chicken sandwich that I’ll chalk up to a bad piece of bird, as the flavors were there but the chicken was as tough as a leather glove.