Places to sell Four Roses 2013 Secretariat

I am helping a friend who wants to sell three bottles .
Besides Commerce Corner and consigning to a Zachys auctions, any other suggestions ?
B4619A2F-CDD4-4402-AA32-2BB3EC2E3771.jpeg

HDH auctions liquor. But any of a various bourbon groups around certain online social media site(s) would snap those up at secondary in a skinny minute.

Bottle Blue Book has contact information for brokers. Market value is $215-245. I would suggest finding a local enthusiast who might be willing to pay a fair price or send the bottles to HDH because everything goes above high estimate on their spirits auctions. There’s not really a super premium for those particular bottles like Al Young, etc., but I would be more than happy to drink them.

1 Like

That $215-245 seems way low from the little bit of digging I have done .

That market value was from Bottle Blue Book. After second look, the most recent BBB transaction is 2018, so the market value is probably higher based on recent auction results. I’m not familiar with that particular bottle and I can’t recall recent HDH auctions with it. Can probably check recent auction results on HDH?

Agree, that is way low.

Per my previous post,

“After second look, the most recent BBB transaction is 2018, so the market value is probably higher based on recent auction results.”

It appears that a 2 bottle lot sold at Christie’s April 2020 Auction for $750. That’s been a year ago, so how about another 10-25% or $400-500 per bottle as an estimate.

1 Like

Find a retailer in NYC who will buy them and can get the $750ish auction price at retail.

Can you possibly provide these sites/groups ? Thanks in advance .

Bottle just sold at Sothebys for 1K btw

So my estimate 2 years ago wasn’t too far removed from a recent Sothebys auction estimate…

The bourbon market remains hot…