Wanted - a Bourbon recommendation for someone in Conshohocken (near Philly)

Someone asked me for a recommendation for a Bourbon in the $40 to $60 range. My first response was to tell him to call the Bourbon guy at Grapes (Posner’s place in White Plains, where they have a good collection) and ask for a recommendation. It turns out he lives outside Philly and has that PCLB crap to deal with. Can anyone give me a recommendation for a good Bourbon available at PCLB stores in that price range? He said that his current go to Bourbon is Buffalo Trace. Thanks.

Angel’s envy straight bourbon.

Four Roses Single Barrel. $43.99 and looks to be decently available at the PLCB.

Clyde May’s

1 Like

Sigh…
The PALCB has some fantastic whiskey. I think you have time to do the research counselor.
https://www.finewineandgoodspirits.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CatalogSearchResultView?storeId=10051&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&categoryId=1334015&variety=Bourbon&categoryType=Spirits&parent_category_rn=1334013&searchSource=E&sortBy=5&top_category=25208&pageView=&beginIndex=0#facet:11211410599101958583685840123514832534812532534841&productBeginIndex:0&orderBy:&pageView:&minPrice:&maxPrice:&pageSize:&

They currently have Old Tub for $16.99 on sale in most stores. NY retail is $32

Because their selection is limited you can’t really go wrong just picking off the shelf anything that’s in the price point.

No, just because your bars aren’t buying any of the Burg swill you sell, they are still getting into enough trouble that they need the help of the Chair of the Wine, Beers and Spirits Law Committee of the Bar Association. A/K/A Moi! I am way busier than I was before the pandemic with my bank regulatory practice and editing the Alcohol Law Newsletter.

Also — not sure if your friend knows Wigle, which is based in Pittsburgh. Visited the distillery last time I was there, and it is really good. Since it’s within the state, it can be shipped to Conshy.

1 Like

Thanks everyone. He has been following this thread and emailed me that he is going to Pittsburgh next week and will look into Wigle.

Old Forester 1910 or 1920, depending on how assertive he/she likes their whiskey.