ACKER now selling counterfeit Bourbon also?

Acker still at it… this time high end rare bourbon

5 Likes

The comment about a leopard and its spots comes to mind.

Or a poop and its stink.

I mean honestly…how the f*ck do people still shop at Acker’s???

WHOA

You can tell that manager KNEW. Immediately. If he didn’t know he was peddling fakes, you’d think he’d be curious about why this film crew was there and what they wanted to talk to him about and then he would be gobsmacked to find out what happened. Not so with this guy.

I agree I loved the professional way they handled it. Unbelievable.

I’m wondering if this should be broken out into a new topic. It might bring much more visibility to the world at large and hopefully, get more people to NOT shop at Acker.

1 Like

The only thing that clip was missing was Mike Wallace

1 Like

I agree. “Wow, thanks for pointing that out. We’re going to work harder at vetting and authentication of rare bottles like this. Of course we will give you a refund immediately.” That would be the correct response if someone was even pretending to not have known, let alone genuinely did not know.

Agree.

Only if it stays in the “Wine Talk” area. If it gets buried in the “beer and spirits” area because it’s about fake Bourbon, then it’ll be lost.

Chris Hansen.

Chris is there for when people fake the young bourbon’s not the old ones.

1 Like

Waiting for the Acker apologists to speak up to say that Acker was being set up…

Had to move this to Beer and Spirits - not at all about wine, but would be smart to have several threads on the b.s. that allegedly goes on out there

Acker selling counterfeits. No surprise. Don’t understand how they’re still relevant.

Also, what’s Buffalo Trace really doing to stop the fakes? I haven’t seen anything yet.

We need Adam Herz to start a thread on this Forum.

Adam is a one of the good guys. I’ve been working with him for a while when the issue is counterfeit spirits.

After everything they have gone through now they have a bourbon problem. Why would anyone ever trust anything purchased from these guys?