Attention Bourbon Drinkers

Buy the L’Encantada XO version 3.0 from Astor for ~$100.

You can thank me later.

It’s a blend of 5 single cask Armagnacs with average age of ~30 years. Amazing.

1 Like

Free shipping for first time buyers too. I also grabbed a bottle of 1989 Château de Pellehaut Armagnac Tenareze.

Curious why you addressed this to bourbon drinkers. Is there something about this bottling that you think would appeal to bourbon drinkers in a way that other Armagnacs would not? I prefer Armagnac to bourbon most of the time, so if this tastes more like bourbon than most Armaganacs, for example, it’s probably not the bottling for me.

I think it’s a great Armagnac on its own but is a great crossover spirit at a good price. I think bourbon drinkers aren’t typically as sure what to do with fruit in spirits. I also don’t want to recommend something that will be hard to source if they like it, but certainly if they do they might seek out single cask l’encantada, laberdolive or whatever. If that’s what you drink now, you might find this a bit bold and oaky, but I still really like this bottling, at least v1.0-2.0.

Here’s the TN from SBDG; I haven’t had this yet because it’s quite new.

“I drank it next to 1.0 and think it may not be a fair comparison from a build standpoint. It is very oaky in every aspect. It smells and palates hotter than its 44%. I got some floral notes on the front end, some low-key baking spices, but not a ton of bright berry or stone fruit as compared to 1.0. Oak on oak.

I think 2.0 will be a great comparison, simply based on what’s inside it.

Bourbon drinkers are going to love it. It bats above its average for the pricepoint, too.”

2 Likes

And if you like brandy you should join the SBDG; it’s the best resource out there.

I’ll bite. I bought a bottle.

What is SBDG?

Serious brandy discussion group on Facebook

2 Likes

Pink label, silver capsule, big ol’ “XO” on the front?

I’m pretty excited to have the whole vertical.

If I was looking to stock up on things that are gonna skyrocket in price, I would buy all the older laberdolive I could get my hands on.

Hyperbolic much, Mark?

They still have a glass stopper yes

I haven’t had 3.0 yet. The 2.0 was a bit oakier than the 1.0 but still great.

So, “yes” is the answer. Got it.

1 Like