Blanton’s on vacation

Vacation PSA:

This takes souveniring to a whole new level. Check your resort’s gift shop.

After our planned direct flight in business class turned into a 2-day ordeal of standbys and coach middle seats with layovers in Charlotte and Miami, we finally made it in time for an early dinner so we could chillax in the suite for the rest of the night.

We lamented that we didn’t have time to buy an extremely overpriced bottle of scotch or bourbon at any of the island’s liquor stores to have in the room as we didn’t have the energy to go to the bar. Remembering that the gift shop had a very small selection of bottles, we resigned ourselves to check there.

As Marty was reaching for a crazily overpriced half bottle of Johnny Walker Black, he noticed two boxes of Blanton’s on the shelf. At the same time, I was peering at their giant humidor filled with Cuban cigars and lo and behold, there’s a Blanton’s sitting there as a set piece for display. We kept asking if the $167 price was real over and over again. The resort gift shop has their own allotment of Blanton’s.

Guess who now has all 3? :grin:
99154732-5059-4755-B11D-9AC583154C4E.jpeg

167 each?

Would have been nice if this was $167 for all 3. :wink:

dh

If it was — [swoon.gif] [dance-clap.gif]

$167 each. Still a pretty good price anywhere for 3 bottles in one place.

The fact that this is in Aruba, where the only decently priced alcohol is pedestrian rum, this was outstanding!

Nah, $167 for the Gold or SFTB would have been worthwhile, but not for the regular Blanton’s.

Yes, the auction prices for regular Blanton’s like other BT related products is beyond ridiculous, so in that light you did OK. Regardless, enjoy your stay and vacation.

Speaking of airlines, my better half was traveling back from Costa Rica last weekend and she had numerous connecting flights cancelled out of Miami and then Orlando. Ended up getting a rental car and driving back to Charlotte.

+1, $167 for the regular is…not good. For SFTB, sure, but the base bottling?

Next time check cc first haha

When you’re on vacation and you already expect to pay much more for run of the mill booze, this is fantastic!

Y’all must have a much easier time finding Blanton’s that we do at home. Even the regular bottling is harder to find these days.

Regular Blanton’s cannot be had for less than $165 in Michigan. If you can find it at all (I gave up).
Enjoy your vaca, Christine!

2 Likes

I have a bottle for 140 in cc

On my Ohio discord people post all kinds of finds including Blantons for retail in MI. I wouldn’t drive that far for it but people do. Don’t mean to say it sits on the shelf but apparently if you know where to stop you can hit the jackpot up there. Here you can get it for retail but you have to camp out for hours to be one of the first 3-6 in line on Sat mornings.

I know your feeling Christine and while I might not pay that $ if on the shelf here (but I certainly would on vacation) I can appreciate that it was a great find under the circumstance. I’m sure it tasted mighty fine after the whole ordeal! Enjoy the moment.

Right?

I get that Bourbon is a chase, but holy crap, Christine clearly enjoys Blantons, no need to piss in her Wheaties. If you want to play games about how stupid people are for buying liquors at a certain price, just look at the alcohol purchase history of anyone lives in Washington State. We pay 40% or more than pretty much anywhere else in the country. We still enjoy it when we open it though, and, seriously, is that not the entire point of all of this? This forum? This fermented grape juice? This distillate?

3 Likes

Oregon has a pretty cool database where you can search for particular bottlings and see which stores in a particular area have stock. (one of the few perks of state controlled system)

1 Like

Pa is immediately sold out as soon as anything is posted online.

Good find. Especially outside the US. Enjoy the trip.

For anyone else going to Aruba and thinks $167 is not a bad price to have Blanton’s in your room to sip on after a day on the beach, we saw that the gift shop got a couple more bottles. They’re at the Marriott Ocean Club gift shop. :wink:

If I can afford vacation in Aruba…$167 ain’t stopping me from buying Blanton’s.

1 Like

Yeah WA state had that before the costco privatization law went thru. It was never up to date though, (tho may have improved by now) as I learned thru a few pappy wild goose chases.

I actually miss the old state run store system as it was purely first come first serve and I could time the arrivals of hard to find allocations. Now its all lottery or who you know.