Laphroig 15 ... buh-bye.

[bye.gif]

I heard Laphroig is phasing-out their 15 in favor of an 18 yr. bottling. I don’t know how I feel about this. I have a strong preference for their 15 over their 10, and I wonder what kind of price hike we’ll be seeing from the 15 to the 18.

Hopefully not the same price hike as other large producers out there. The price hike between say Macallan 15-18 and Highland Park 15-18 is pretty significant.

Well…If you know this…its time to stock up!

The one with 10 years was pretty rough.

I picked up the 10 YO at Trader Joe for my husband. He doesn’t even want to drink it, so someone has to do so. Band Aid on the palate and smokey peat on the finish. Keeps me from over indulging!

I thought Laphroaig 15 was the weakest whisky in the range (figuratively as well as literally). The new 18 is very good and a huge improvement. Think I’ll have a glass, now, as a matter of fact. As you might expect, it is more costly. Usually in the $130+ range. If that is too rich, try Laphroaig 1/4 Cask, bottled at 48% like the 18. Great bang for the buck.

$130+! [swoon.gif] Crap, I’ll take Lagavulin at $70 anyday over that … or Ardbeg, or Bowmore, or Longmorn, or …

i just bought another bottle of my goto daily drinker scotch

dalwhinne 15 yr - $49.99

you must like the taste of dirty ashtrays… [barf.gif]

Nope. Hate ashtrays. LOVE Southern Islay whiskies, though.

When I was younger I really dug Laphroaig 10, and while I don’t drink the style as often anymore, I still get a glass occasionally if I am at a bar that has it. For the style I think it is quite good. I have been eyeing the quarter cask lately. In my local shop I thought I saw the 18 and the quarter cask for mid 50’s, but that could be the 15 still hanging around. If they really are phasing it out then perhaps I should grab a bottle. But it seems to me they used to have a 12 or 14 and maybe that was what got phased out?