Buying 3 Floyds in Chicago

We are going to Chicago in May and one of my goals is to get 3 Floyds. Last time I was in Chicago the selection was very limited and last time my lady was in Chicago none was available (doubt she tried more than one Binny’s).

We are hoping to stay at a friend’s apartment who will be gone during our visit and we may or may not have access to her car. If we do, we will likely drive to the brewery. If we can’t get to Munster, what are the best tips for getting 3F in Chicago?

South loop Binny’s you might call them and see what day of the week they get 3F delivered

It’s always a crap shoot, because even the places that get it can’t keep it around for very long. Lush (several locations) is an ok bet. They didn’t have any when I stopped by their West Town store a couple weeks ago, but the Noble Grape (two doors down) had a couple cases of Zombie Dust. I’ve purchased more 3 Floyds at Whole Foods than anywhere besides the brewery itself, but again: that’s serendipity.

Nolan, tuesdays are the delivery days for 3f and binny’s. There’s not always a specific time of the day that they are delivered. Lincoln Park will have the biggest allocation, but it is also a major beer geek destination.

If you are looking for zombie dust, nothing will be held for you. Other stuff is pretty easy to get depending on what you want

I don’t have much to offer on this thread, but I just scored tickets to Dark Lord Day so I’m pretty stoked.

Me too… Group b

I would consider driving to the brewery and maybe planning lunch at the brewpub, if your schedule allows. You’ll be able to get the staples, and they will most likely have some interesting bombers for sale that you may not find at retail.

Glad to see you guys scored Dark Lord Day tickets. It was once again a complete clusterf*ck, and I was shut out this year. They will most likely release a few Group A tickets at the brewpub in the next week, so hopefully I’ll get lucky. Maybe one day these guys will realize that they need to just stick to making beer, and outsource the logistics of an event like this to professionals.

That’s great, Mel. I’m in group E.

Kent, I hope they do release some group A tickets. Good luck to you! My friends in Chicago (who are also my ride out there) did not get as lucky as I did. With the no reselling precautions in place, this will be tough to work out for them. If we don’t find 4 more tickets, I’ll have to find a taxi to take me back downtown!!!