Pappy 15 year old

Question for you all.

I was recently offered a 3 bottle box of Pappy 15 year old. The guy is asking $1100.

Buy or pass?

Thanks

Pass! Seriously over priced at $350+ per bottle, the guy is just trying to find a sucker caught up in the hype. To give you an idea the 20 retailed at $120 late last year. Even $100 for the 15 is overpriced IMO.

retail on the 15 in CA is $70 FWIW

Not even the Pappy 23 Year old would be that much. Take a pass.

I would be insulted even in a retail store if I saw Pappy 15 for that price (unless you are talking about another country). Pure gouging. I hope it is not a friend offering that, I would laugh in their face.

I’d do a 3 bottle box for $1000

newhere

Pass! That’s crazy$$$. When we have all the Pappy’s instock our retail is 15yr-$70, 20yr-a little over a $100, 23yr-around $220 plus we get 13yr rye & the Old Van 12yr which is around $50.

John,

He must not have gotten stock recently. 20 year is closer to $170 and that’s basically at cost to the liquor store.

A little over a $100 retail for the 20yr at our store in Kentucky, always. We just got a large shipment of all the Pappy’s and our cost is $87 for the 20yr

cost varies state by state and distributor by distributor

Driving down [wow.gif]

John, hook a beserker up!

I think you meant to say “berserkers”, as in all of us!

I’d be curious as to what your definition of a “large shipment” is

Kinda funny that KY stores got some this month. It should be noted that they did stop spring releases but the distributor in KY held some of last fall back to release around now, derby time.

The store I work for is called The Partysource. We’re the largest beer, wine spirits store in the state. For those interested we do ship to 38 states. In regards to the Pappy, we do a online release & in store. The best way to try & get some to sign up for our spirits email list & you will be notified when they plan on doing the release. I’m mainly part of the wine staff & I’m not entirely sure when they plan on selling. They could be waiting for Derby day. The last time we released in store we had guys camping out over night in 20 degree weather! The spirits email is good also because we get a lot of other rare bourbons ect. and the people on the email list get the first crack at buying Pappy ect. Good luck to all. We hold back stuff to build up our stock and allow more people the chance on buying everything as well.

TPS is a great store, love your single barrel selections

+1. TPS is great