Wine Refrigerators

A section for those relatively new to wine, 'geeks in training', and for common wine topics
Christos M.
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

Re: Wine Refrigerators

#201 Post by Christos M. »

Getting ready to pick one of the Costco Artevino options. Probably going with the 200 bottle version and will have to figure out some additional storage. I’ve learned my lesson before with cigars that you should always go bigger but the double fridge takes up a lot of space.
Wine is life. M0ut0usis

Mike R
GCC Member
GCC Member

#202 Post by Mike R »

Christos M. wrote: March 8th, 2021, 6:57 pm Getting ready to pick one of the Costco Artevino options. Probably going with the 200 bottle version and will have to figure out some additional storage. I’ve learned my lesson before with cigars that you should always go bigger but the double fridge takes up a lot of space.
Did you wind up buying this? If so, how do you like it? Considering a similar purchase myself.
... 0 p 3 r

Christos M.
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#203 Post by Christos M. »

Mike R wrote: March 24th, 2021, 5:51 am
Christos M. wrote: March 8th, 2021, 6:57 pm Getting ready to pick one of the Costco Artevino options. Probably going with the 200 bottle version and will have to figure out some additional storage. I’ve learned my lesson before with cigars that you should always go bigger but the double fridge takes up a lot of space.
Did you wind up buying this? If so, how do you like it? Considering a similar purchase myself.
I haven’t yet. One of my friends gave me a small wine fridge that will hold me over for a few months. I’ll wait to see if Costco will offer a discount and jump on it.
Wine is life. M0ut0usis

Vince L.

#204 Post by Vince L. »

I know these arent Artevino but

https://www.costco.com/wine-enthusiast- ... 31855.html

I've seen these in warehouse for $899.
l 3 r t

Christos M.
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#205 Post by Christos M. »

I just went on the Costco site and they have $200 off the Artevino. Looks like they put it on sale on March 15 through April 11. Now might have to repurpose this small fridge for cigars.
Wine is life. M0ut0usis

Guillermo M

#206 Post by Guillermo M »

Just thought I’d let everyone know I just saw Costco has a pretty gigantic deal on two WE wine cellars; the 310 bottle ($1300 discount) and the 155 bottle ($700 discount) apparently only for three days.

There are some negative comments though. And I’ve never tried them. (Also I don’t have any business relationship with any company related to this post.)

Wine Enthusiast 310-Bottle Wine Cellar with VinoView Shelving https://www.costco.com/wine-enthusiast- ... 82959.html

Wine Enthusiast 155-Bottle Wine Cellar with VinoView Shelving https://www.costco.com/wine-enthusiast- ... 83044.html
Guillermo M e n a
Yet another Washington, DC person on WB. Here to learn and branch out into new wines.
Open to recommendations and well-intentioned critiques.

Geoff Weathersby
GCC Member
GCC Member

#207 Post by Geoff Weathersby »

I purchased the 200 bottle Artevino in December. LOVE it. Quiet, consistent. I can only fit about 150 bottles in it though.

If you do it's also worth getting a set of the upgraded shelves. https://www.wineenthusiast.com/eurocave ... s-set-of-3

M i k e C

#208 Post by M i k e C »

Geoff Weathersby wrote: April 15th, 2021, 2:44 pm I purchased the 200 bottle Artevino in December. LOVE it. Quiet, consistent. I can only fit about 150 bottles in it though.

If you do it's also worth getting a set of the upgraded shelves. https://www.wineenthusiast.com/eurocave ... s-set-of-3
Thanks for the tip! When I emailed Wine Enthusiast, they told me that shelves that fit the Artevino were only available by phone, so it’s good to know that these fit.

One question: Will these make it easier to store bottles with a slightly higher shoulder? Some of our zins have that, for example, and I’m trying to figure out the best way to arrange those bottles.
© |-| u

Tico D.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#209 Post by Tico D. »

Any recent experience with Vinotemp? I have read good reviews outside of this site, but not-so-good things on WB. Was between a Vinotemp 162-Bottle Single-Zone Wine Cooler and a WE VinoView 155-Bottle Wine Cellar. There appears to be a great deal on the Vinotemp right now (making it +/- $1,000 less than the WE unit).
del C@stillo

Mich@el Ch@ng
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#210 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng »

Tico D. wrote: June 1st, 2021, 10:40 am Any recent experience with Vinotemp? I have read good reviews outside of this site, but not-so-good things on WB. Was between a Vinotemp 162-Bottle Single-Zone Wine Cooler and a WE VinoView 155-Bottle Wine Cellar. There appears to be a great deal on the Vinotemp right now (making it +/- $1,000 less than the WE unit).
I would avoid vinotemp like the plague. I would go with the artevino, can’t imagine the vinotemp would be much less.

Jay $$ Winton
GCC Member
GCC Member

#211 Post by Jay $$ Winton »

I realize Vinotemp gets little love here and after my struggle to get my order shipped, I can agree; BUT the two units I've purchased have performed flawlessly FWIW.
Immaturity-my life, not my wine.

Tico D.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#212 Post by Tico D. »

Mich@el Ch@ng wrote: June 1st, 2021, 11:17 am I would avoid vinotemp like the plague. I would go with the artevino, can’t imagine the vinotemp would be much less.
I did find a nice Artevino Unit, but still about $800 more than the Vinotemp unit. It does have a higher bottle capacity, though.
Jay $$ Winton wrote: June 2nd, 2021, 6:49 am I realize Vinotemp gets little love here and after my struggle to get my order shipped, I can agree; BUT the two units I've purchased have performed flawlessly FWIW.
Thanks for the input. How old are your units? I have also read that the cooling unit may need to eventually be replaced, but that there are reputable shops to get those from.
del C@stillo

Jay $$ Winton
GCC Member
GCC Member

#213 Post by Jay $$ Winton »

Jay $$ Winton wrote: June 2nd, 2021, 6:49 am I realize Vinotemp gets little love here and after my struggle to get my order shipped, I can agree; BUT the two units I've purchased have performed flawlessly FWIW.
Thanks for the input. How old are your units? I have also read that the cooling unit may need to eventually be replaced, but that there are reputable shops to get those from.
[/quote]

8 years and a few months. I bought through Costco in case of issues.
Immaturity-my life, not my wine.

EAScrog
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#214 Post by EAScrog »

Jay $$ Winton wrote: June 2nd, 2021, 6:49 am ...the two units I've purchased have performed flawlessly FWIW.
Now you've done it. Guaranteed break down within 30 days. Better get your repair company's contact info NOW! [stirthepothal.gif] [cheers.gif]
e l i z a B e t h

Return to “Wine 101: The Basics”