Feedback on used Vinotheque 550 with Whisperkool 2300

I’ve been looking for a 400+ bottle cabinet for several months now.
Came across a Craigslist ad for a Vinotheque 550 with a Whisperkool 2300. It’s a freestanding unit with a light inside.
It will be in my garage. I live about 4 miles from the ocean just outside Santa Monica. Temps in the garage are pretty moderate year round.
I have a Vinotemp 320, at least 15 years old, also in the garage. Aside from replacing the cooling unit once (to be expected) it has been pretty reliable.

Does anyone have any knowledge of, or experience with, this Vinotheque and Whisperkool models? If the unit needs replacing it appears the newer model is the Whisperkool 2500, which runs somewhere between $1,700-2,000. If I go look at the unit I will ask them to leave it running so I can make sure it works and can hear whether its noisy or not. I will also check to see if it’s level and see whether the doors seal properly.
Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hey Steve I have an older Vinotheque unit and it works great. Im in California also so it does tend to get warm but the Whisperkool/Vinotheque combo stays with 1 degree of fluctuation. My Whisperkool does have a slow leak but I just keep an eye on the temp and recharge maybe 1-2 times a year. I’ve spoke with Whisperkool and they are willing to offer me a replacement unit for a discounted price when needed. Overall very happy especially if you get a good deal like I did!