Wine importing

Hello,

I am wet behind the ears and know nothing about the wine world. newhere

Because of several friends traveling and living in interesting places, and me having experience in logistics, importing large machinery.

I’m in a somewhat quick position to become a wine importer and hopefully a seller to several distributors.

When you have lemons make lemonade right champagne.gif

Does anyone have any advice on the subject?

Any Fales or Wins starting an importer business in the United States?

Any Ideas, lessons, fails, and wins are welcomed from any country.
However, does anyone have any experience with wines in Asia?

Thankyou [cheers.gif]

Since you say you know nothing about the wine world, I have to say it would be extremely foolish to start a wine importing company, regardless of destination country. Even if you plan on hiring people to run things, you wouldn’t even know what to look for in successful candidates. I have seen this many times, and I have never seen it turn out well.

As a wine importer, I could not agree more! +1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

I think the trick to a good importing business is to sell everything pre arrival at really competitive prices, then go try to find it later to import.

funny

Certainly a way to make a lot of money…for a while!

I think you’re asking the wrong question. Most importers I’ve been in contact with (20 years in the industry) have been passionate about wine first, then asked the question ‘how do I get these wines I love to where I want to sell them, and can I make a living at it?’ Your question seems to be ‘is shipping wine the best use of my resources as a person shipping and logistic experience?’ If you don’t find yourself asking question 1 more than question 2, I’d say no.

haha [winner.gif]

wait till tariff issue is resolved.

Wines in Asia probably isn’t a lucrative business right now😜