Buying Wines in Germany

I have a friend that lives in Aachen Germany and I am tying to figure out how to source the Keller GG Abts E 2018, Kirchspiel and Hubacker GG 2018 in Germany. After successfully buying these wines in the United States for the past few years, it appears that this year these wines have become something of a unicorn. Any ideas? I see the Kirchspiel and Hubacker on the German EBay. Is it too risky?

I too have been buying these wines since around the 2007 vintage and like you, there are far less bottles available than used to be. I would assume that the bay risk there is the same as it is here. I personally would be hesitant about buying the wines if they weren’t coming from a retailer. They’ve reached a level of demand now that I expect there will start to be some risk as to the authenticity of the wines now.

I agree with Kirk. I’ve seen crazy secondary market pricing in the past couple of years (on all the GGs, not just GMAX, which has been crazy for a while), and it can’t be too difficult to forge the packaging. I recently talked to someone who is very into wine and lives in Germany, and he said the wines have become very difficult to get at regular retail prices even there.