Wine Fridge Accessories

My wine fridge should be here in the next week or so; it’s a 166 bottle free standing single zone model from Costco. I’ve heard mention of reusable desiccants in the fridge to keep moisture down. Can you fill me in on what you use and which to avoid?

It’s going on an engineered hardwood floor in my den. Do any of you put your fridge on a rug to reduce vibration and noise? Do I need to put it on a water tray?

I already ordered a pair of thermometers for the top and bottom. What other goodies do you like in yours (besides wine of course!)?

Congrats! Which one did you pick? Noodling picking up another one, been eyeballing craigslist but nothing popped out.

Moisture / Dessicants - unless it is SUPER humid, you do want a degree of humidity like +/- 10 % from 60% relative humidity; Too dry dries cork out and too humid you dealing w/ moldiness that might mess up labels; I have an eurocave and have found activated charcoal sufficient

Hardwood - depends, i have mine on floor and I’m in a low-rise apt; relatively quiet imo and no water tray

Thermometers - I ended up buying some wirelesstags and setting it up so it pings my phone. These puppies can be incorported into your smart home ecosystem or as simple as sending email / texts when moisture / temp fall outta whack

Hi Dennis, thanks for the info on the humidity. The humidity in the house is about 50% most of the time (it’s 52 right now), so that’s probably right about where it needs to be.

I bought the Wine Enthusiast model from Costco, https://www.costco.com/wine-enthusiast-classic-166-bottle-single-zone-free-standing-wine-cellar.product.100131855.html
They have more enticing sounding fridges, but since I don’t keep anything longer than 10 years anymore, and drink most within 3 years, this one is better than not having one at all.

If no one else responds the fridge can get set up, rest for 48 hours, then run for a couple of days with nothing in it. If it’s not too noisy, I’ll load it up.

Just found this on a wine fridge page, so no on the rug: “Moving along with the most optimum location for the wine cooler, you should avoid placing it on any type of carpeting.”

I have 3 Eurocave cabinets. Two of them are 15 years old; one is 2 years old. All of mine are on engineered hickory flooring. No rugs. No problems.