A question for the forum - a survey of sorts

What is everyone’s favorite part of our calling?

• The search (for the wine or the deal)
  • The buy (clicking that button sometimes against our better judgement, but we’ve already done all the research and filled our virtual cart right)
  • Delivery day (removing these from “in-transit” and putting those bad boys in the cellar, knowing they are close by slumbering away)
  • Popping that cork
  • Sharing that deliciousness with your nearest and dearest
  • Reviewing and discussing with (humble bragging to) everyone on WB about your experience

0 voters

On this day of giving thanks, despite the world nearly collapsing this year, we are all thankful for vino no matter our favorite flavor. I’ve always enjoyed wine but have just started to ramp up the “collecting” after my wife got me a fridge. And I have to get that puppy full as soon as possible, right? Reading this board and buying nearly every bottle that’s been discussed in my flavor profile despite my credit card holding on by a thread and against everybody’s warnings of buying too much too soon especially of the same varietals …I ask of you the following:

Then lastly, is this all still as exciting as it was in the beginning? If so, I need to go find a second job (or third) when the world gets back on its feet.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! Enjoy the bird and that special bottle(s) most diligently selected for this glorious day.

newhere [cheers.gif]

You can put a poll on your post.

I went with sharing because at the end of the day, I buy the wine to drink it. But I must admit I love delivery day!!! It feels odd the get excited about something that I know I probably won’t touch again for 10-20 years but man do I love when those packages arrive

It’s more so now since I know more in 2020 than I did in 1999.

The favorite part, tasting the wine, doesn’t show up in the poll. I love researching, sharing and discussing wine, but that enjoyment would be considerably diminished if I were not drinking the wine.

You may have forgotten the “buzz factor” option, too.

I would have to the vote for the moment you take the first sniff and taste. It’s that magical moment of discovery. But, it’s considerably less magical if you have nobody to brainstorm with.