FEAR/ WINE

This fact is hard to fathom especially in 2020, there are some people that have a fear of wine. It’s called “oenophobia”. All I want to know is if there is a cure!

Cheers, THEO-PATRA
THEO-PATRA

All I want to know is if it is contagious, don’t want to take any chances…

1 Like

Today i saw a commercial from usual wines but i cannot find it on YouTube. Basically it starts out saying something like " did you know that most wines have hazardous or poisons in it?" And named arsenic, DD and some other stuff… Then saying out of study of 65 wines they found 64 out of 65 have these additives and it was almost like a scare tactic to buy from them. Obviously being new to wine this was a huge thing to me but I know they could take this out of context like maybe the vapors were from chemical reaction and a perhaps small product of. But fear of wine might fit in this context?

they’ll just have to develop a vaccine.

1 Like

I think the only cure is to drink more wine!

Absolutely!!!

Love the Vaccine suggestion. Spot on and Topical!!!

Running out of storage space keeps me up at night. [snort.gif]

According to the Google search it talks about most of the people with oenophobia mainly having it because wine contains alcohol? I guess that in some respects that would make alcohol the culprit. So whatever the solution might be, we could eliminate a good portion of this phobia if we find a way to counter the alcohol fear! Maybe give them grape juice, and then slowly add tiny tiny tiny bits of wine over time so they get accustomed to drinking!

im pretty sure exposure therapy is the only hope here. better get cracking.