Glasses Suggestions

Hello!

As I branch out and try a wider variety of wines is there a universal glass or a few suggestions based on wine types? I would say Red Wines (Cab savs and Bordeaux) are the main wines we drink, but my wife and I are exploring all kinds of wine at the moment. Links would be awesome.

Thank you!

I would put in a search about glasses on the main wine board as this is covered often.

Check out Glasvin https://glas.vin/

A lot of people on WB use their stemware, including me.

Cam, I really like my Grassl 1855s for cabs and Bordeaux. I prefer them over my Riedel glasses - lighter in the hand and a better nose with less swirling.

Agree with Robert’s comment - try a search in Wine Talk, as there are tons of opinions there. The usual suspects seem to be Grassl, Glasvin, Gabriel Glass, Zalto and Riedel.

Do you like this better than Gabriel Glas Standart?

The only “newer” glass on my radar Jancis’s universal glass. It has okay reviews.

+1 on Glasvin. After breaking about a million Zaltos and Gabriel Glas Golds over the years, I’m all-in on Glasvin. The quality is very high and the breakage anxiety is comparatively low. I have a boatload of them. Excellent decanters too.

I would see if grassl glass does berserker day again. They were around half off last year. They have a wide base so they are hard to knock over. Very high quality

Grassl and/or Glasvin. You should be able to find something you like. The Grassl 1855 is my favorite glass period.