First Under Counter Dual Zone Wine Fridge

I just joined wine berserkers because I am simply overwhelmed with the number of choices for purchasing my first wine fridge. I’m looking for a 24" under counter dual zone wine fridge. The price range is also staggering from a few hundred dollars to many many thousands of dollars. My price range is up to $2000. I’m also surprised about how few brick and mortars stores there are; everything is an on-line store and I’d like to go see and touch before I buy. If I believe everything I read on the websites, I seem to be favoring (in alphabetical order) Aaobosi, Allavino, Kalamera, Phestina, Zephyr. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. BTW, I live in Georgetown, Texas if that makes any difference. If this request is not appropriate for wine berserkers, just let me know and I’ll bow out with my apologies.

Eurocave would be my choice and is at the top end of your range. I’ve literally never heard of the brands you list. If you want to save money whirlpool is about $1000.

Thx for the info about Eurocave. That lead me to learn about Marvel and U-Line and SubZero. Not that want or need that level of features or quality, but I’m now much more informed and in a much better position to make a good decision for me.

Can’t help you, but welcome, Ray Very few questions are out of bounds here if you find the right forum

Welcome Ray! We have a ~ 50 bottle GE single zone under our island that we use for more immediate use, then a large EuroCave for “long-term” storage. When we bought our Eurocave, I did a lot of research, and agree with Michael - the top of the line is definitely Eurocave. They consistently hold temperature and humidity, and are known for durability. I love ours btw.

Couple of questions for you. Do you drink both reds and whites at an equal rate? Do you plan to age any wines long-term? Or will it be more for immediate consumption?

We have a marvel fridge that the prior owners of our house put in; I think they’d had it for 6 years, but we had to replace the control unit for $600; the unit seems to hold temperature reasonably well, though.

I haven’t had much luck finding vendors in my area for Eurocave. So now, my further research has me leaning towards 2 higher end fridges. I have seen both in showrooms and both have well defined slots for storing bottles in both directions clearly showing that the stated bottle capacity is realistic compared to so many other wildly exaggerated bottle capacities.

1. SILHOUETTE - DWC047D1BSSPR
    Danby Silhouette Napa 24" dual zone wine cooler, French Door, 42 bottle capacity, ,dual temperature zones, stainless steel
    Under my $2,000 budget at $1,699 and the french doors are visually attractive.

Marvel - MPWD424-SG31A
24" Marvel Professional High-Efficiency Dual Zone Wine Refrigerator, Stainless, Glass Door, Lock, Reversible Door
Over my $2,000 budget at $3,299 but seems to be higher quality.

Any thoughts or comments on the relative merits of either of these wine fridges? Delivery is 4 t0 6 weeks on both.

Samsung from Home Depot is nice.

We drink white and red fairly equally with a small bias to red. We don’t need to the fridge to age fine wines; the longest we ever have a bottle is maybe a couple of months. So, right now I’m thinking to go with the Danby for our first fridge and then possibly upgrade to the Marvel as we learn more about wine and start drinking some finer wines.

Fwiw, the under counter fridges and especially wine fridges are overpriced for just a tiny amount of storage. I would just get a regular under the counter fridge that fits your budget and keep drinks and non red wines in there. No harm putting a special red in there to age but it will be too cool to drink right away.

Free standing small wine fridges are pretty cheap at hardware stores and Costco for a few hundred dollars if you want to cellar 50-100 bottles.

I’ve placed the order for the Danby. Thank you to everyone for their input.