BYOB & Corkage in the Dallas/Fort Worth Area

Haha

So I’m new to the area. I believe that there are strict rules/laws about bringing a bottle to a non-BYOB establishment, but I was wondering if I’m mistaken and if there are restaurants with corkage policies. Alternatively, if people know of nicer restaurants where you might be able to (quietly) pull off bringing in your own bottle, that would be appreciated as well! (Please PM on the latter for the obvious reasons!)

I just really enjoy going out to a nice dinner with my wife and being able to drink a nice bottle of wine (or two), usually CA Cab, without paying an arm and a leg and sometimes settling for younger vintages.

Thanks!

-Alex

IIRC - To legally BYO you have to go to a restaurant without a license…That said, I know that Cane Rosso does allow it in specific locations and on a specific night.

Some of the DFW ppl should be able to point you in the right direction but most likely for most places it is a no go or you need to become a known patron, etc…

There is also a BYO forum. U may want to post/search there.

I take it you’re saying that I’m up S$&t Creek without a paddle?

There isn’t even a creek.

or a paddle!

You are legally allowed to BYO as long as they don’t have a FULL liquor license. If they just have a beer and wine license, they can allow BYO (if they want to). However, some restaurants (even with a full liquor license) will discretely allow you to bring in a bottle, typically requiring the payment of a $10-$20 corkage fee per bottle. Many (most) small ethnic restaurants (Italian, Thai, Indian, Chinese, Vietnamese) do not have ANY liquor license and charge no corkage fee at all.

Try Urbano. Certainly not anything fancy but it’s a small place with good food and it’s our go to BYOB.

Hell of a drive from Keller to Urbano.

Alex,

Finding a BYOB spot with decent food in DFW is near impossible. It’s a sad scene.

Welcome to town!

Ellerbe Fine Foods and Sera in Fort Worth are both excellent. Otherwise, it is desolate out there.

3 words - Big Green Egg.
3 more words - make it urself.
3 more words - invite me over.

champagne.gif