Palm Springs, Ca. - Need Restaurant rec's.

I didn’t see any threads for places to eat at and bring wine in Palm Springs. I am not a fan of the place, especially in the summer due to the heat, but I will be finding myself there next month and looking for places to each around the Palm Springs city proper.

And restaurant rec’s that are BYOB friendly (free or moderate corkage charge – i.e. $25 or less per bottle)

Workshop in downtown PS is a great spot. And over in Rancho Mirage, the Edge Steakhouse at the Ritz is super nice. Get there early, grab a drink, and head outside to soak in the views. Its a bit spendy but worth it. Also, perfect place to bring a nice bottle. They will get you for a corkage fee but better than taking out a HELOC to pay for something decent there…

Workshop was very good. A tad overpriced for the food IMO but worth going to. Didn’t take wine and forgot to ask about current corkage.

849 is $20 corkage.

For something casual, King’s Highway at the Ace Hotel is Taco Maria chef Carlos Salgado’s updated version of diner food, using fresh, local ingredients and good cooking techniques. I don’t know about their corkage policies.

We are heading there in early Feb— staying at the Ritz. We have Edge, Workshop, Birba and Copley’s booked. Any thoughts on these, and corkage fees/policies at these, are appreciated

Thanks

This. Really great place.

Check out Rooster and the Pig. It’s nothing fancy, but the food is exceptional.

A favorite of mine is Johnny Costa’s for old school italian. Red check table clothes and nothing fancy but very solid fare like I loved when I lived close to South Philly. Corkage is fine as well