Denver?

I am planning an event in Denver for a group of ten or so. We always do a BYOB once per year. It is part of a larger meeting. My planning team is telling me that as they scouted restaurants everyone told them BYOB is illegal in Denver. Can anyone confirm or deny? If it is legal, any recommendations on locations to hold the dinner that might be corkage friendly? Thanks.

Been here almost two years and no BYOB anywhere.
Sorry no suggestions

Illegal so you are out of luck. If a resto does this and gets caught they can lose their liquor license so nobody will take the risk. Best advice is to cater a meal at a private location if BYOB is required.

So much to love about Colorado, with this one exception: completely illegal. The only “work around” I’ve seen is at private clubs where you are a member and they provide a cellar service. I’m keeping completely mum about where and what as I suspect that the slightest scrutiny would destroy that opportunity as well.

Many thanks to all.

There are a few restaurant/bars where you can buy a bottle of wine or liquor for a “Discounted” price and then pay a fee to keep it locked away at that location and come back to use it as you please. So I think this “cellar service” is legal as long as you buy the bottle from them. Otherwise, I’m sure the places appreciate your discretion!