Yellowstone

Dining at the Lake Lodge dining room in Yellowstone NP a couple of times this spring, and they have quoted me $12 a bottle corkage. Surprisingly okay wine list but nothing beats hauling something from home.

18 months later, I was finally able to make this trip and can confirm my own intel–$12 corkage at the Lake Yellowstone Hotel.

1 Like

Wow
We hope to visit in the next few years.

What took you so long, Dave? [scratch.gif]

Seriously, hope you enjoyed the visit, seems like a nice time of year to go.

It’s like there was a global pandemic or something! Food was simultaneously just okay and excellent for national park fare. Big windows overlooking the Lake. Mid-June weather was perfect and so long as you weren’t attempting to see the marquee draws at peak times, crowds were fine throughout the park.

I just came here to say that Kevin Costner was great in this.

Late June 2012 I stayed a night in the Lake Hotel. My friends were planning on taking their boat up to Colter Bay, GTNP, that week and wanted me to come join them, but my work schedule kept me from making any reservations as it seemed an impossibility for most of those months leading up to June . . . but then everything on the calendar cleared out. So, I did what most anyone living here would do: the week leading up to the scheduled trip I kept checking in with reservations in both GTNP and Gellystone NP to see if any cancelations. Lucked out, as a room in the Lake Hotel opened up for the night prior to my friends scheduled arrival in GTNP, and then I also was able to book four nights in Colter Bay cabins (three different cabins!) for the remaining nights. So, day prior to my scheduled night at the Lake Hotel I hit the road in my roadster, heading to Laurel MT for the night. Then, the day I was to arrive in Gellystone I took the Beartooth Highway to the Park, stopped at the Canyon falls, and then arrived at the Lake Hotel around 6 pm or so. Reserved a dinner table for really late, went down around 8 pm and bought some decent bottle of cab and started sipping wine and making friends. Had a really nice dinner - I think it was grilled bison tenderloin and some nicely prepared veggie and potato dishes. Finished dinner around 11:30 or so, and the dining room was still going strong. My room on the 3rd floor was quite nice, overlooking Yellowstone Lake. I woke up to a bison lounging just below my window . . . while tourists flirted with getting gored. Good memories! Glad you had a good stay!! [cheers.gif]
DF6B75D4-D0D5-4DDD-BFE0-93CD6E7A8A5A.jpeg
E55A78F8-6E12-4585-BB7F-C9064483BA64.jpeg

1 Like